3rd month in! Would love to hear opinions

Jeffrey howell

Hi all! Someone at work told me about this website so I though I'd check it out. I started my first reet tank back in June and so far its coming along well. I had a bit of an algae problem until i started washing the shrimp before I fed them. Unfortunately it may have been too late for the Royal Gramma we had in there. I think everything is back to normal and all my coral and fish are looking ok. I wonder if the powerhead I have in there is too much for this small tank (29 gallons). Im having difficulty getting the bubble coral to open up fully. 

The tank is a little underwhelming right now. We're trying to grow the corals. I'm no sure what to put on the top right above the hammer coral. Any suggestions? I'm running LED's for my lighting. I know people arent bug fans of the xenia but it came attached to the live rock we bought so it's been awesome to see it revive and thrive. 

20180922_152317.jpg

20180922_152326.jpg

20180922_152342.jpg

20180922_152351.jpg

20180922_152359.jpg

20180922_152415.jpg

20180922_152422.jpg

20180922_153357.jpg

Edited by Jeffrey howell
Included picture of montapora

6 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Welcome to the club!

Bubble corals arent huge fans of a lot of flow. Maybe try lowering the flow a bit if possible or move it ti a spot with less flow and see how it goes?

I just moved it to this location thinking the same thing. What do you think about the flow? I included a video. 

I just moved it to this location thinking the same thing. What do you think about the flow? I included a video. 
That looks nicely expanded there. Looks happy there. See how it looks there the next couple of weeks.

I'd look into hosting your video on YouTube next time or some other site. Linking it like that makes the person watching have to download the entire video to watch. Its a weird software on the site sometimes.