FarmerTy Fall Bash Meeting

FarmerTy

FarmerTy Fall Bash Meeting  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're going to have a packed house! The reef geeking out is going to hit an extreme level tomorrow around 12pm.

I think we have over 35 people now. Keep them coming... The last one was over 45 people! I'll supply the pizza and drinks folks!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

• Like 1

Dude! I wasn’t planning on coming but if the rain gods cause my kiddos soccer game to cancel I may make it up there and cross the river up north. Don’t worry I’ll try to keep my Co2 waste to a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dude! I wasn’t planning on coming but if the rain gods cause my kiddos soccer game to cancel I may make it up there and cross the river up north. Don’t worry I’ll try to keep my Co2 waste to a minimum.

I'm holding you to it. Two breathes every 10 seconds sir! Hope you can make it bud.
  • Like 1

Here are some suggestions for improvement at the next get together:

1. Use the frag tank as a "touch tank", where we can all get our hands in there and feel the anemones and the corals.
  2. Contest where members are blindfolded, spun three times, then allowed to blindly reach in the DT and break a frag off one of the colonies to take home.  
  3. Sleepovers pre and post meeting.
  4. A Colorado Sunburst raffled on the hour every hour.
  5. Install a b-ball hoop in the fish room to pass the time while waiting for frags.
  6. Spring rolls

I hope some, if not all of these, are taken into consideration for the next meeting.   Other than that, it was great to see the faces of the forum members and special thanks to Ty's wife for allowing us to take over her home yesterday!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30+ RSVP'd, dozens of frags for sale, not a single picture.  SMH.  How am I supposed to live vicariously through y'all?

There were pictures taken by famous photographer, Brian...... where they are now I don’t know. 🤷‍♀️[emoji23][emoji23]

There were pictures taken by famous photographer, Brian...... where they are now I don’t know. 🤷‍♀️[emoji23][emoji23]

Brian! Brian! Brian!
Ty, thanks for hosting us, and for the fine hospitality! Great meet. We appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to share, man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you! Glad you could make it and always great seeing you!
Thank you Ty for hosting and educating the rest of us. It was great to visit and meet the group. Thank you to your wife for graciously agreeing to open your home for us to meet and visit. 
Thank you for coming and for the wine for my wife. That was too kind!
30+ RSVP'd, dozens of frags for sale, not a single picture.  SMH.  How am I supposed to live vicariously through y'all?

You were literally on my front porch that morning... Nuff said! [emoji1]
Great meeting Ty! Nice to put some names to faces. Great setups and very educational!
Thank you for coming!
Here are some suggestions for improvement at the next get together:
  1. Use the frag tank as a "touch tank", where we can all get our hands in there and feel the anemones and the corals.
  2. Contest where members are blindfolded, spun three times, then allowed to blindly reach in the DT and break a frag off one of the colonies to take home.  
  3. Sleepovers pre and post meeting.
  4. A Colorado Sunburst raffled on the hour every hour.
  5. Install a b-ball hoop in the fish room to pass the time while waiting for frags.
  6. Spring rolls
I hope some, if not all of these, are taken into consideration for the next meeting.   Other than that, it was great to see the faces of the forum members and special thanks to Ty's wife for allowing us to take over her home yesterday!  [emoji846]
Hilarious! I'll work on incorporating some!
Great meeting Ty! Thanks for having us. It was great to meet all of the new people and it didn't hurt seeing your reef again. Keep it up man [emoji106]
Thanks Sascha! I was about to pull out a sleeping bag for you... Thought you would end up staying the night. [emoji23]

Thank you everyone that took time out of their day to join in on the meeting. If you can't tell, I extremely enjoy hosting these meetings. It's always refreshing to get to meet new and old reefers alike and get them all in the same place to talk reefs.

As always, I wish I could chat with each and every person, learn about their tanks, discuss the progress of it, and share any tips I have but the limited time at each meeting doesn't allow for that unfortunately.

Luckily, we have this forum to discuss each person's system. Get those build threads going... The ones who said they would at the meeting. This has always been an extremely helpful forum and I think this is one of the reasons why it has always been engaging and more active than most local forums.

Hope everybody had a great time at the meeting and got to chat reefs with at least one new person from the club! Thank you again for coming!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...