makeshift fuge

mdavis735

i have a 90 gallon oceanic corner tank.it has a 20 gallon oceanic sump.the sump only has 2 compartmenets.one for the eheim in sump pump and the other has the skimmer.it does have one of the black plastic boxes that is in one side that has three solid sides and one side is egg crate type material.it has a glass lid with a hole for the overflow.i would assume its for bio balls or some other filter media.i was wondering if it would be benificial or worth the money and trouble to put some live rock rubble and chaeto in there.would add a light of course.any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks gabe.i haven't made up my mind yet.just seems like it would be easier than trying to plumb a seperate fuge.i have an extra 10 gallon tank that might work alright but i dont know how to plumb it in.i guess i need to study up on that next.

thanks gabe.i haven't made up my mind yet.just seems like it would be easier than trying to plumb a seperate fuge.i have an extra 10 gallon tank that might work alright but i dont know how to plumb it in.i guess i need to study up on that next.

I would do the 10 gal tank. I would use a T off of my return pump to suply the water and perforably drill the tank and gravity flow back to the fuge. If drilling is not a option than I would take some plexie glass and section off the 10 gal and put another pump in there for return. still a better option than the open area in the sump. Just my opinion.