2mo SPS Progress - before and after

Being that my current goal is to grow some stick crops, I decided to post pics of 2 month growth progress. Your comments and observations are welcome, because I don't have much reference to judge which ones need intervention.

I have some fast growers and some slow ones. Not sure what's typical for each.

One thing I've learned is that I'm running too nutrient lean. Lost some coloration. Both nitrates and phosphates were at 0 for this 2 moth period. Since then, I've increased feeding and dialed back a little on the nopox dose. Am now targeting nitrates below 10ppm and PO4 around 0.18. In progress.

In some cases the angles are a little different, but as much as possible I've tried to keep the size of the plug in the before and after photos the same so it's apples to apples.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have more stuff, but that's all the before & after photos I have. The date range is June 29th - Sept 1st.

Why do I feel like I just posted a bunch of pics of myself in my underwear? [emoji1787]

Feel free to leave feedback or not. I just appreciate this community for making me feel like my sickness is normal (or at least ok)!

The red dragon is looking good! So is the UC Bali Shortcake you got from me, I may need to get a frag back!!
Thanks John! They're both budding nicely. Of course, I'm happy to separate a good sized frag for you. Let me know when you're ready.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dominican said:

Jimbo the pic on the right does have more light - two coral plus ATIs - but it is definitely pale. I'm hoping it's the lack of nutrients issue. emoji15.png

I was going to say mine turned pale just like that when nutrients dropped too. My Phos dropped from an avg of about .14 to around .08 when I started running chaeto in the fuge. I cut back on the photo period a little and started feeding just a little more.

• Like 1