T5 combo/color dilemma...need advice.

Reefpuck

So I'm currently running 4 T5s (Actinic, Coral+, Blue+ x2) and a SBReef sBar led actinic bar. With that combo...it's just too blue for me and don't feel I'm getting the best growth from my SPS. Colors look good though.

I just added a 5th T5 and put in a 6500k giessman. Now it's a tad to white for me (sorry FarmerTy...I'm trying so hard to be like you!). 

Was wondering what would be the next best bulb to replace the 6500k and find a middle ground. Would the Aquablue special be my best choice (I hear it's intensely bright though)? Or should I put in a coral+ or purple? Any recommendations welcome!

• Like 1

So I'm currently running 4 T5s (Actinic, Coral+, Blue+ x2) and a SBReef sBar led actinic bar. With that combo...it's just too blue for me and don't feel I'm getting the best growth from my SPS. Colors look good though.
I just added a 5th T5 and put in a 6500k giessman. Now it's a tad to white for me (sorry FarmerTy...I'm trying so hard to be like you!). 
Was wondering what would be the next best bulb to replace the 6500k and find a middle ground. Would the Aquablue special be my best choice (I hear it's intensely bright though)? Or should I put in a coral+ or purple? Any recommendations welcome!
My vote is ABS. If your fixture is 60", I have one you can try.
  • Like 1