Anywhere local to get smaller water storage tanks?

Reefpuck

Want to get two 20g tanks like this for my RO top off supply and a salt mixing station....that I'm squeezing into a closet next to my tank. 

Tractor supply doesn't have anything smaller than a 35g tank...and online vendors want around $200 for shipping alone. Tank-mart has retailers in the area, but they still charge shipping for the smaller tanks.

Anyone know of another local place I can try? 

Capture.PNG

im kinda scared to go above 55g for my rodi... if you dont cycle through it fast enough you might get algea growth n such.  on the salt side, as long as it has circulation and aeration... that'll last months w/o a prob.

Just now, Isaac said:

im kinda scared to go above 55g for my rodi... if you dont cycle through it fast enough you might get algea growth n such.  on the salt side, as long as it has circulation and aeration... that'll last months w/o a prob.

oh, you said 20g *lol* doh!   I found some 20-25g ones on CL before.  lemme see if the guy still has em up.

• Haha 1

Here's another one you might try http://www.texastotesandbarrels.com/store/c3/TT%26B_Barrels.html

Have you thought of or looked at 15 or 20 gallon aquariums?  Being rectangles they might fit better in the space you're planning on using.

• Like 1

https://austin.craigslist.org/grd/d/assorted-poly-barrels-and/6617005452.html

this is the guy that has all kinds of diff things:  https://austin.craigslist.org/mat/d/barrelsfood-grade-burn/6638788424.html

my first 55g held Propylene Glycol, my second 55g was apple cider vinegar, my 18g held oregano, my 20g held olive oil.   as long as it had food/foodgrade substance w/in it, and its rated food grade, yer good :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timfish said:

Here's another one you might try http://www.texastotesandbarrels.com/store/c3/TT%26B_Barrels.html

Have you thought of or looked at 15 or 20 gallon aquariums?  Being rectangles they might fit better in the space you're planning on using.

Yeah I was considering that route as a last resort. They'd definitely fit... but wanted something enclosed that would be a little more durable over the long run. 

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

https://austin.craigslist.org/grd/d/assorted-poly-barrels-and/6617005452.html

this is the guy that has all kinds of diff things:  https://austin.craigslist.org/mat/d/barrelsfood-grade-burn/6638788424.html

my first 55g held Propylene Glycol, my second 55g was apple cider vinegar, my 18g held oregano, my 20g held olive oil.   as long as it had food/foodgrade substance w/in it, and its rated food grade, yer good :) 

Holy crabs... that post looks too good to be true! I'll definitely give him a call when I get home! 

On 8/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, Isaac said:

My aquarium is evaporating about 20g per week and I do a 50g water change once a month. I have two 55g barrels and haven't had a problem with them except around the bulkhead. I'd be interested in buying some replacements and reworking my mixing station. Thanks for the links everyone!

8 hours ago, Sascha D. said:

My aquarium is evaporating about 20g per week and I do a 50g water change once a month. I have two 55g barrels and haven't had a problem with them except around the bulkhead. I'd be interested in buying some replacements and reworking my mixing station. Thanks for the links everyone!

Wow, 20g a week sounds like a lot. What temp do you keep your house at?

10 hours ago, mFrame said:

Wow, 20g a week sounds like a lot. What temp do you keep your house at?

I'm running a 300g tank with a 100g sump, so roughly 300g after adjustments. Median temp in winter is 74 with a home temp of 70-73. Median temp in summer is 79 with a home temp of 75-76. Adding T-5 supplement lights recently added about 2 degrees to my water temp. If I ever get this tank under control I'll try to throw a party or host a meeting and you can check it out. 

16 hours ago, Reefpuck said:

Ok both of you stop...you're making me feel depleted here with my 90g. 🙄

IMO 90-120 cube is probably the best footprint available. The only reason to go larger is if you want to keep big fish, like angels or large tangs, and they're not really worth the trouble they cause. The equipment available today allows us to stock unimaginable levels of fish compared to 20 years ago and you no longer need a huge reef to have a good fish population. I've come pretty close to downsizing or leaving the hobby altogether more than once over the last three years. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2018 at 6:51 AM, Sierra Bravo said:

Reefpuck:  FYI - I answered you last night in your post on R2R.

Thank you. I ended up ordering online and paid for the shipping...as I just don't have the time to drive a few hours one way to get one. Life these days for me...

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, Sascha D. said:

IMO 90-120 cube is probably the best footprint available. The only reason to go larger is if you want to keep big fish, like angels or large tangs, and they're not really worth the trouble they cause. The equipment available today allows us to stock unimaginable levels of fish compared to 20 years ago and you no longer need a huge reef to have a good fish population. I've come pretty close to downsizing or leaving the hobby altogether more than once over the last three years. 

This hobby always makes you "reconsider"  your thought process. :P