Recommendations for company to convert a 300 gal to reef tank

Richard Jones

Hi, I'm trying to find the best company to convert my 300 gal plexiglas tank to a full reef tank (from a planted freshwater). This tank was a reef tank about 15 years ago.

I've had a consult with Aquatic Interiors Unlimited (based out of San Antonio), but would like a second opinion. AquaDome recommended John Yull, but there's no website or anything for him. Aquatek recommended Capital Aquariums (formerly Kingfish), but he hasn't replied to my emails or calls.

What aquarium service company would you recommend for my conversion? I plan on getting the full reef tank setup. I live in Austin near Bee Cave.

Thanks,

Richard

The Fish Gallery in Austin closed but there is still one in San Antonio. They do maintance  on my neighbors tank and he is happy with them. I cant say one way or another or if they do setups or are any good, but it might be worth a phone call.

If you want to get ahold of John, he frequents River City Aquariums and they would have his contact info.  He lives down in the Kyle / Buda area so hitting South Austin would be easy for him.