Crazy reefkeeping ideas.....and GO!

Isaac

some sort of refrigerated auto feeder-  maybe load 100ml bottles of shrimp/additives, and it dumps it on a schedule, while staying cold all week long!

paly mower-  a suction hose w/ barbershop clipper at the end, to cut and suck, making sure the palytoxin doesn't become airborn

I know others have more!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

some sort of refrigerated auto feeder-  maybe load 100ml bottles of shrimp/additives, and it dumps it on a schedule, while staying cold all week long!
paly mower-  a suction hose w/ barbershop clipper at the end, to cut and suck, making sure the palytoxin doesn't become airborn

I know others have more!
1) Something you put over BTAs and it makes them release and stick to the object instead. Instant BTA removal tool.

2) Automatic tank vacuum... Turn it on and it'll suck anything out into a netted area and the water returned to the sump. It'll attach on the side of the tank with a cool handle ready to be used at will.

3) Self drilling glass hole kit

4) Modular magnets encased in plastic already that be multipurposed for whatever you want... Frag rack, hold sensors, hold tubing, hold float valves, etc.

5) Side clamps for pump power cords... Allows you to attach the pump to the top of the tank so that if for some reason the magnet fails, the pump doesnt shoot off to the sand bed and blow up your tank. It'll just hang in place.

That's what 2 minutes of thinking got me. You're welcome Isaac. [emoji12]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

That's what 2 minutes of thinking got me. You're welcome Isaac. emoji12.png

Nah - I bet you have a little notebook on your nightstand where you jot these ideas down.  You've been musing on those for a while. . . you don't just come up with "automatic tank vacuum" on a whim!  😃

• Like 1

1) Something you put over BTAs and it makes them release and stick to the object instead. Instant BTA removal tool.

2) Automatic tank vacuum... Turn it on and it'll suck anything out into a netted area and the water returned to the sump. It'll attach on the side of the tank with a cool handle ready to be used at will.

3) Self drilling glass hole kit

4) Modular magnets encased in plastic already that be multipurposed for whatever you want... Frag rack, hold sensors, hold tubing, hold float valves, etc.

5) Side clamps for pump power cords... Allows you to attach the pump to the top of the tank so that if for some reason the magnet fails, the pump doesnt shoot off to the sand bed and blow up your tank. It'll just hang in place.

That's what 2 minutes of thinking got me. You're welcome Isaac. [emoji12]

This is my solution for #5
2d348b96281f61dcde1a4a2b0aead9fb.jpg
  • Like 2

Nah - I bet you have a little notebook on your nightstand where you jot these ideas down.  You've been musing on those for a while. . . you don't just come up with "automatic tank vacuum" on a whim!  [emoji2]
Oh man, if only you were privy to what goes on in my head Scott! Run man, ran while you can! Its madness!

On 7/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Reefpuck said:

Automatic nitrate and phosphate tester... so I don't ever have to test parameters.... EVER again! 

I'm looking at you Neptune....

its possible if someone wraps it into an automated system...  https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/4542/pinpoint-nitrate-monitor?pcatid=4542&c=3753+3940+3941+4542

How bout an actual automatic glass cleaner.  Don't post links to startups and go fundme and other money beg ideas lol.  I've seen them all but never an actual finished product.  And no I dont need a camera or any other kind of stupid option with it,  just an automatic glass cleaner that works.

3 hours ago, Reburn said:

How bout an actual automatic glass cleaner.  Don't post links to startups and go fundme and other money beg ideas lol.  I've seen them all but never an actual finished product.  And no I dont need a camera or any other kind of stupid option with it,  just an automatic glass cleaner that works.

thought you had a wife? :) :crab: