Quietest Replacement for Gen-X PCX40 Pumps

Dominican

Hi all. I've got two 1190gpm Gen-X PCX40 pumps allocated just for re-circulation on a drilled 150 - absolute beasts running constantly for years. Only I just realized there has to be new technology out there that's much quieter, pushing the same capacity. All my equipment is either in the cabinet, or next to the DT in the dining room - so along with a Reeflo Orca on the skimmer it can be annoying, even though our brains tune it out for the most part lol. 

Is there a recognized best option out there in terms of quiet pumps that push that much water? I just want to compare, to see if it's worth upgrading.. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi all. I've got two 1190gpm Gen-X PCX40 pumps allocated just for re-circulation on a drilled 150 - absolute beasts running constantly for years. Only I just realized there has to be new technology out there that's much quieter, pushing the same capacity. All my equipment is either in the cabinet, or next to the DT in the dining room - so along with a Reeflo Orca on the skimmer it can be annoying, even though our brains tune it out for the most part lol. 
Is there a recognized best option out there in terms of quiet pumps that push that much water? I just want to compare, to see if it's worth upgrading.. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with your current pumps but I've been pretty happy with my Jaebo brand pumps. They are super cheap and with proper cleaning, care, lasted me a good while. I hardly hear them but I do have a fish room so take that into account. They are much quieter than my Ecotech MP60s.
  • Like 1

Oh what I wouldn't do for a fish room :) Jaebo, got it. Gonna go do some research..

The Gen-Xs are old. Not sure they make em anymore. Theyre similar to the blue/green Iwakis. They're tanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I looked up the pump (1190gpm Gen-X PCX40)  I see its GPH not GPM . This will be easy to replace. Iwakis should not make any noise.
Good catch. Dogfish. Typo, sorry. That would be one hell of a pump [emoji38]

Just trying to get ideas on what might be significantly quieter. The Iwakis are good, but still very similar in technology and noise level. The PCX40s aren't super loud, just old school. Thought some of the new fangled designs might be orders of magnitude better..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk