How big of a clean up crew do you use?

defib

I have a 55g and I have 10 hermits, 7 nassarius, 2 turbos and 4 star snails. Everything looks nice and clean.

Plus these guys demolished - as in nothing was left, not even bones - a Kole tang that died in my tank in less than 12 hrs.

100 cleanup crew members in a 100 gallons seems like a lot, but it can't hurt to have extras...more stuff to look at!

Every tank is unique and that will have a lot to do with how many clean up critters your tank will need or for that matter support. Generally the better your water quality the less clean up critters you can have. If there is nothing for them to eat they will starve. Realistically the average tank doesn't have this problem though so you can pack plenty of clean up critters in there. I have 20 astreas and about a dozen nassarius snails in my 135g which is obviously way too few, but they are so darn expensive that I haven't gotten around to adding more. I need to get in on the next group buy. :)

In my old 150g I had more than 1 per gallon though so you can easily do it. I had about 100 margaritas, 50 astreas, 50 or so scarlet hermints, 6 peppermints, a tiger pistol shrimp, a bunch of cerith (too many to count), etc.

I guess I am way understocked!

In my 58g, I've got 3 nassarius, 3 astreas, 3 blue leg hermits, 2 peppermints, and some stomatella that have appeared out of nowhere. I had 5 ceriths but the crabs got too em. Even with extra shells for the crabs. Bastages!

Guess I need to make a run to RCA and stock up!