Connecting Apex classic wirelessly

Ok Apex guys, I have my apex classic enroute and was wanting to get the correct setup to make the classic wifi capable when it arrives. I checked out the BRS series on the apex and the module they recommend is no where to be found. I would greatly appreciate it if some tech savy guys could point me in the right direction as to what I need to get... I would like to add I would prefer to not spend a lot of money to aquire the item(s) I need and would like to keep it under $100 if at all possible.

I had mine set up wireless. Its been a while. So as my old brain thinks about computer junk....... you need to set it up first with a ethernet cord. Then since Im an apple guy I used an "airport express" plugged into the apex module. From there I think it sent the signals to the wireless router. They did not have 5G when I did this. As long as your adapter and router have it it should not matter. I dont know what sort of wireless adapters are avail to do this. Maybe some sort of little usb stick thing. I retired from all that computer junk 3 years ago. I just remembered the Apex does not supply power thru the usb ports. so that option is out. you need a wi fi extender.

I have a netgear wnce2001 in perfect shape.  I'm pretty sure that's the one BRS and Neptune recommend.  I would take $75 for it. 

I bought it to hook up wirelessly, but ending up using a hard wire.  I have run one of these on my AV receiver for 3 years without a hiccup.

IMG_3534.JPG

@Dogfish If I remember right, but doesn't Apex say to never use a USB in an aquabus port because they aren't compatible? 

@jolt That the exact piece of equipment they recommend to use. I think I could convince my wife to let me get it.

I would do a hard line but at the moment that isn't an option so I have to do Wi-Fi

Sorry Jolt, but I think you understand that the less money we spend on one thing the more we can spend on corals/fish.
That's why I haven't wasted money on twistie ties to clean up my wiring... That's one more acro frag!

I just save the twist ties when I unwrap the cords and use them to keep them organized once plugged in.... sounds like your just lazy and don't want to organize the cords.
That's the abuse I'm talking about! [emoji12]

Archived