All sps white overnight

The tort is holding on.  No dips, salinity is 1.026.  They are just white skeletons left.
I am bummed.  3 pieces are holding on.  I lost my favorite piece the strawberry short cake.  It was doing great.
Thanks for the offer Ty
That's interesting that some survived. You're no stranger to keeping acros so hopefully you'll get to the bottom of it.

Were the ones that survived only the newly added ones, like the Oregon Tort?

FWIW, my strawberry shortcake is my canary in the tank. It'll rtn first in my tank before anything else if there is a condition not to its liking. If you got yours from Gig'em, then it originated from my colony so probably has the same characteristics still.

There was no rhyme or reason to what survived.  one millie thats been in the longest survived, Oregon tort, and one other.  

Strawberry shortcake, pink lemonade, rainbow millie, red dragon, and other various millies all toast.

Lights worked fine, no electrical shorts, all parameters seem normal.  It's a total mystery.

There was no rhyme or reason to what survived.  one millie thats been in the longest survived, Oregon tort, and one other.  
Strawberry shortcake, pink lemonade, rainbow millie, red dragon, and other various millies all toast.
Lights worked fine, no electrical shorts, all parameters seem normal.  It's a total mystery.

That's baffling indeed. Sorry about the losses Don.

What about a temp swing over the weekend?   Are you keeping PO4 really low?  What are your nitrates at?  Were any amino acids dosed last week or over the weekend? 

If you're using ULNS methods this research shows even though the zooxanthellae provide a higher percentage of the sugers they make to corals for growth it also makes corals much more sensitive to changes in light, temperature and sudden increases in nitrogen.

http://www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/files/file/Nutrient enrichment.pdf

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmars.2015.00103/full

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0025326X17301601?via%3Dihub

A bacterial infection certainly could have done this.  But as pathogens are found on healthy corals what might have been the stressor to cause a rapid onset of infection?   Could a new or different strain have been brought in with one of the new additions?   We have solid research showing ULN methods have a negative impact corals immune system and ability to adapt so was there an sudden change in environemntal or nutrient variables?   This was in an office so is it possible someone unknowingly did something and there aren't any environemntal or nurtrition issues (I've certainly had problems with "housekeeping" over the decades I've had my maintenance business)?

Hey sorry to hear about the coral losses. I going to second what Kevin S mentioned above. My buddy/neighbor had a leather that he pulled out of his tank a few weeks ago...and when he did a nearby SPS (strawberry shortcake I think) got some crazy STN and was completely toasted within 12 hours. We checked his parameters (which were fine) and his other sps were fine. 

We're confident that it was the leather that obviously was irritated when it was removed...that was the culprit. That particular frag was only about 6" from the leather. 

Anyways...just another thought. Hope you figure it out either way!

• 7 months later...

Any update on what may have happened?  Have you added any new corals and if so how are they doing?

Found another paper besides Matz's that shows resistance to bacterial infections varies significantly by genotype within a species.   With the increased death from bacterial infections caused by being moved a bacterial infection still seems most likely to me