NO3PO4-X

pbnj

Hi, everybody.

My 135g reef has been on the decline for several years. My wife gave me an ultimatum in December: clean it up or shut it down. So, I started the clean-up just before Christmas and now I'm hooked once again.

The tank only contains two tangs, which I've always kept fed. The rocks were covered in hair algae.  After about a week of cleaning and new aquascaping, the tank looked much better, so I tested at that point with Salifert kits. Phosphates were at 0.5 (can't imagine what they were prior to clean-up).

I decided to try NO3PO4-X and I have to say, I'm impressed. I haven't done any water changes since I started dosing over a week ago and phosphates are down to between 0.1 and 0.25 (Hannah checker is next on the order list). Algae is starting to peel itself off the back glass.

Dosing is very simple, so I'll probably continue a maintenance dosing regiment going forward.

Edited by pbnj
  • Like 2

Hi, everybody.
My 135g reef has been on the decline for several years. My wife gave me an ultimatum in December: clean it up or shut it down. So, I started the clean-up just before Christmas and now I'm hooked once again.
The tank only contains two tangs, which I've always kept fed. The rocks were covered in hair algae.  After about a week of cleaning and new aquascaping, the tank looked much better, so I tested at that point with Salifert kits. Phosphates were at 0.5 (can't imagine what they were prior to clean-up).
I decided to try NO3PO4-X and I have to say, I'm impressed. I haven't done any water changes since I started dosing over a week ago and phosphates are down to between 0.1 and 0.25 (Hannah checker is next on the order list). Algae is starting to peel itself off the back glass.
Dosing is very simple, so I'll probably continue a maintenance dosing regiment going forward.

Good to see you back on here and glad you're getting a 2nd wind in the hobby!

• 4 months later...