Planet Aquarium 130g

Jimbo662

The gaskets should always be placed on the flange side in a normal application. I believe in the Ghost and Synergy overflows you put the gasket on the outside of the aquarium in between the box and the glass. Having a gasket on the inside of the aquarium between the inside box and the glass will make the box stick out by the depth of the gasket. 

Edited by Sascha D.

3 minutes ago, Good Greef said:

The 16" shadow overflow has 4 total. Both directly on both sides of glass

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I told Jake this also but he confirmed with PA that theirs only comes with two. He's getting me two more. I tried for over 3 hours today to install it the way PA says to and got leaks every time that were worse than what I got when I originally installed it.

Man, I can't thank Jake at RCA enough! He was able to get me a 2nd pair of gaskets that fit. Got them installed about 10 min ago and so far so good...not a drip! I can breath a sigh of relief and get things back on track to get everything finished.  Next up is a simple stand to mount the apex and other controllers to that'll sit behind the tank. Working on salinity now. I thought I'd calculated it correctly based on how I usually make water for water changes...30 min of running the RODI and two cups of salt usually always hit 1.025. Tested the water in the tank last night...1.035!!!!

35 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

Man, I can't thank Jake at RCA enough! He was able to get me a 2nd pair of gaskets that fit. Got them installed about 10 min ago and so far so good...not a drip! I can breath a sigh of relief and get things back on track to get everything finished.  Next up is a simple stand to mount the apex and other controllers to that'll sit behind the tank. Working on salinity now. I thought I'd calculated it correctly based on how I usually make water for water changes...30 min of running the RODI and two cups of salt usually always hit 1.025. Tested the water in the tank last night...1.035!!!!

Jake is great! 

I have been bumping my salinity up for the past week! I tried to calculate it and came out 1.020... the start is always the hardest... 

Well, now that I've got the leak fixed it's time to move on! Got a simple stand built to attach all the controls to and got the return pump connected to the apex and running. Still waiting for the Aquatic Live fixture to be in stock...should be sometime this week!  Hopefully rocks go in tomorrow.

APEX stand.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Getting close there Jimbo! Have you started playing around with the rocks yet? Messing with the hardscape is my least favorite part of setting up a new tank and usually leaves me frustrated and just settling for what it looks like haha. Its looking good though!

I'm hoping to get the rock in today or tomorrow...then the "fun" begins.  :-)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

Well, now that I've got the leak fixed it's time to move on! Got a simple stand built to attach all the controls to and got the return pump connected to the apex and running. Still waiting for the Aquatic Live fixture to be in stock...should be sometime this week!  Hopefully rocks go in tomorrow.

APEX stand.jpg

Looking good! What are you using the extra modules for on the apex?

1 minute ago, dustint21 said:

Looking good! What are you using the extra modules for on the apex?

Thanks.

The black one in the center is the 1Link for the WAVs, gray one on the right is the Lunar light module  and the small black one is the breakout box that I'll use to control the lights inside the stand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo662 said:

Thanks.

The black one in the center is the 1Link for the WAVs, gray one on the right is the Lunar light module  and the small black one is the breakout box that I'll use to control the lights inside the stand.

I thought you could plug the wavs into the eb832? 

It's getting there! 

Salinity - Check

Power bricks mounted - Check

ATO installed - Check

Heaters - Check

Door magnetic switches installed and connected to the breakout box - Check

Temp probe connected and calibrated - Check

Rocks will go in tomorrow!!!!!!

BRS "should" receive their shipment of Aquatic Life fixtures next week...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

looks awesome! I really like that rock in the center for some reason. I'm interested in how the aquatic life fixture works out for you. I'm looking at doing the 36" with 2 AI prime HD for a 40b SPS build in the future.

Thanks. That center piece was in the order I got from a vendor on R2R. He'd ordered 200 or 300 lbs or something like that for a customer who backed out...said he'd had it sitting in a tub for a year keep it alive. I got 100 lbs for $1 / lb. Well, if / when BRS ever gets their shipment of the fixtures I'll be able to order it! :-0

• 5 weeks later...

Things are finally starting to move along again. Last weekend I moved my 3 Blue Eyed Cardinal into the tank and they're doing great. Mon / Tues the uglies started...algae everywhere. I moved the Yellow Eye Kole into the tank this morning. Hopefully he'll help with the algae! Finally got my Omega 180i skimmer running. I'd tested it a coupe of weeks ago and discovered the pump was making a vibrating noise. I contacted Vertex about buying a new pump. They had me send pics of the pump and the impeller and while I was taking pics I noticed the butt end of the impeller shaft was chipped in 3 places making it a triangle rather than round. Luckily that was all that needed to be replaced.  What sucks is I got the replacement and when I was inserting it into the pump I wasn't ready for the strong pull of the magnets so it slipped out of my fingers. I had a bad feeling...pulled it out and sure enough it had chipped!!!! I went ahead and tested with it and of course more vibrating. Can't someone invent a stronger ceramic shaft?!?!?!?! So, my 2nd new impeller arrived this past week. I made sure I had a good grip on that little sucker this time!  Skimmer is now in the sump and breaking in.

BRS finally got their shipment of Aquatic Life Hybrid fixtures!!!!!! Mine will be here on Wed so I figured I'd hold off on any pics of the tank until then.

• Like 3