Paula's 75 Gallon build

Paula

I think it's just whack. If what you're saying is correct then it should have just shown me a pic of the screenshot I sent earlier. Now on your post it's showing a shot from about 4 months ago.

[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]🤯

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel better, this is what I see now.

6795312fde78a39c5e1bced13fb9cfcd.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 8:58 AM, FarmerTy said:
On 6/7/2018 at 8:47 AM, Paula said:
Any frags in its future????

I got one I'll save for you.

Hey Ty,

Still have that frag? I'm back in town and ready to go!!!

Well, I'm back in town and have had a busy week. I have been wanting to upgrade my lighting so I bought the T5 retrofit package from BRS. I built a new canopy to house my Black Box LEDs and a pair of T5s. I added one Blue Plus and one Actinic. I'm starting them out at 2 hours a day and will slowly ramp that up.

I am having a little bit of an issue with some GHA which I attribute to the tank being a bit over fed while I was out of town. I'm also thinking about upping my CUC just a tad.  Currently I have three urchins (2 royal and 1 green), two Turbo snails, one emerald crab and about 6 blue legged hermits. I'm thinking about adding a couple of nassarius snails to help reduce detritus in the substrate. Open to other suggestions.

Cheers,

Paula

If it is GHA and not bryopsis, a sea hare will eat it. But then will need to be traded back in if he doesn’t have enough algae to eat bc it will starve. They’re cool looking. Shrek looking critters. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that since it really hasn't been an issue until recent overfeeding by pet-sitter, I'm going to try manual removal and water changes to get it under control.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I know it's been a long time since I posted. My aquarium has been doing splendidly except it is now time for me to let go of it. The aquarium is in my office waiting room and I am currently in the process of moving my office without a space for it in my new office. Pictures and details can be seen on CL if anyone is interested.

IMG_1524.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

Thanks Tim. Things have changed a lot for us in the last couple of years. About two years ago we made a decision to retire to Portugal. Our plan is still about 2 1/2 years out. At that point my thinking was to reduce my case load as a therapist and move to a purely online practice and be in semiretirement working from Portugal. The whole pandemic has in someways spread up part of that. The lease in my office is up at the end of July and with no clear idea of when I'd be able to start seeing people in person again, I decided to accelerate the part about moving to an online practice. 

Bringing the aquarium home poses certain difficulties, particularly in regards to cooling it. Our household A/C unit struggles to keep our house at 78 degrees during the summer and I'm not sure I can keep the aquarium cool enough. That coupled with the fact that I'd still have to go through the breaking it down before we move and it just makes more sense to let it go.

I'll certainly give a discount if someone on the list wants to take it.

Cheers,

Paula

• Like 1