Anyone know of jobs that pay cash?????

AndrewT

wanted to see if anyone here has any ideas. Im a student and im looking for a LEGAL alternate source of income that cant be documented tax wise. Acording to my financial aid I made too much money last year at my job. When I applied for financial aid I got close to nothing back. My tuition is crazy exspensive... about 500 an hr, and one class ussually is on average 3 hrs. Getting a second job wont help because the more money I make on paper the less I get back for school from the Man. Im open to any ideas that may help to make some extra money to help cover the cost of tuition.

Thanks

I would say look into service jobs where you get tips. When I was a teenager I did Valet parking. It was a lot of fun and I got pretty good tips. Bar tending, waiting tables those kind of things.

I cleaned tables when I was 16 (1995) and I made $5k in 3 months back then. Sure I worked Friday and Saturday nights as well as Sunday brunch, but I got it done.

I definetly have no problems working the weekends. The only thing is is most waiter jobs still requre you to pay taxes and report earnings same as bartending. ive looked on craigslist too, but no luck. Im pretty much outta options as far as paying for tuiton unless I can find a job to make some quick cash.

I definetly have no problems working the weekends. The only thing is is most waiter jobs still requre you to pay taxes and report earnings same as bartending. ive looked on craigslist too, but no luck. Im pretty much outta options as far as paying for tuiton unless I can find a job to make some quick cash.

If you want to avoid paying taxes all together then the only option I know of would be to be a day laborer on a construction crew.

When I cleaned tables, I had to report a percentage of my tips, but not all. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too, but sometimes you have to compromise.

Being a waitress through college was what kept me eligible for financial aid. Waitresses make crap on paper, and you take home all the cash you make. My taxes are paid by the 2.13 an hour, and I usually get a nice refund in April. I had to keep this job because my wages were being garnished for certain reasons, but I was still able to pay my bills in cash and go to school. I didn't have a bank account for 2 years, but my wages as a waitress couldn't be garnished because what the company paid me was less than 25% of my income. Seriously, I've been working in restaurants for 10 years, and most of the people that keep those jobs are in situations like yours where they need to keep the money they make and not hand it over to someone else. And most restaurant managers understand that too.

I think your main problem is paying 500 bucks a credit hour to go to school. I got one degree from a state school and I am now going back to a jr college to save money. It costs me 650 a semester to take 12 credit hours, 1300 bucks a year! Those classes are the same on paper, and you only have to take the last 60 hours from the college where you want to receive your degree. With one degree under my belt and two more on the way, I can't tell you how much this advice would have helped me out 7 years ago.

If it makes you feel any better, people are struggling for money all over the country, and the cost of education just keeps going up. You aren't alone.

Thanks Lauren and everyone else for the help. The problem is I have a full time job now where I make a substantial amount of money so anything on top of that will only lessen the money I get back for financial aid. Even if its only making a couple bucks an hour. On paper the gov will see that as more money being made on top of what I allready make. Im just real bummed cause schools about to start and Ill need to buy books then I have another tuition payment due next month. Im pretty much outta options

Depending on where your moral compass points, you could always lend your talents to the red light district. Tons of cougars on the prowl! If I had what it takes, I'd do it in a split second. But my feet point backwards and my moves are too spastic. =( (j/k) Good luck.

Depending on where your moral compass points, you could always lend your talents to the red light district. Tons of cougars on the prowl! If I had what it takes, I'd do it in a split second. But my feet point backwards and my moves are too spastic. =( (j/k) Good luck.

Cougar Hunting good call.

lol cougar hunting???? Haha id have no worries if some hot older woman would be willing to pay my tuition.... My girlfriend might have a small problem with it though.

Aha! Second problem: girlfriend. Being one myself, I know how much we tend to cost a guy. Cougar hunting all the way.

HAHAHA! She admitted it. Although, if your man is into reef-keeping, his expenditures on the tank probably balances out your cost! cool.gif

I bet you could wait table at a smaller (ie: privately owned) club/restaurant completely under the table, especially if you offer to work for no actuall pay, just tips. Depending on how good you are, you could probaly turn $20+ an hour pretty easy part time.

Tipped jobs like being part of a Wait Staff are still taxable as the company is liable. Even though tips may be paid out every evening by most employers, the employers must declare that income so the Bast___d's in Washington can tax you on what you make as well as taxing us on what you make.

www.Fairtax.org

That's all I have to say about that!

Edited by renman303

Tipped jobs like being part of a Wait Staff are still taxable as the company is liable. Even though tips may be paid out every evening by most employers, the employers must declare that income so the Bast___d's in Washington can tax you on what you make as well as taxing us on what you make.

www.Fairtax.org

That's all I have to say about that!

I had to report my tips every night, but I always low-balled it. If you were waiting tables now, you could blame a poor economy.. cool.gif

I had to report my tips every night, but I always low-balled it. If you were waiting tables now, you could blame a poor economy.. cool.gif

Yeah Im clueless as to what my next move will be. Thanks for all the help guys

"Low-balling" with most companies can't happen as POS Systems automatically calculate cash and cash tips. A minimum amount is put in based on projected tips say at 15% of the cost of food. No company worth it's salt is going to put up with an employee stealing and certainly won't risk fines by the Feds for fixing the books.

Besides, "Integrity"....it all you really have in life. :unsure:

Edited by renman303