Feeding

renman303

Live Brine Shrimp and Live "Black Worms" are recommended for the Green Mandarin that I have. Where do you get either of these? cool.gif

I have lots of Brine Shimp eggs but have been really unsuccessful in getting them to hatch?

Black Worms???? Never heard of them? Can't find them on Drs. Foster & Smith either?

I'm all for raising Brine Shrimp if I can get them to hatch?

Suggestions that may be more suitable for feeding? :D

Also, In need of PhytoPlankton...has anyone propagated this successfully?

Dave,

Blackworms are live but used mainly in freshwater applications, Bruce at Aquatek carries them.

If your tank is well established you shouldn't need to supplement a green mandarin with the large volume you have. I would have waited until at least the 6 month mark to add a mandarin but I still don't think you should have any problems.

John

John,

Thanks for the input. Some of the critters were sold to me by a LFS without much knowledge of the interaction with other aquatic creatures...I admittedly know little as well so, it was blind leading the blind.

For instance, I now have what I thought was a really cool creature, "Philippine Sea Apple". Not knowing the toxicity or car needed to maintain them. Also a pair of "Blue Line Wrasses", which evidently need a lot of fish to clean to get the nutrition that they need.

That being said, 2/3 of my live rock was well established for the past 3 years so hopefully the Mandarin will have plenty to eat. The "Black Worms" were suggested foods for the Mandarin per Drs. Foster & Smith.

Archived