Clownfish killing anemones?

mcallahan

After adding a BT anemone to my tank today, my tomato clown has gone nuts. She is in the anemone nearly all the time, thrashing around in it, taking tentacles into her mouth, then spitting them out w/out biting them.

I've read that anemones can be stressed by their clown inhabitants and I'm wondering if this is what is happening to mine. Perhaps she is just getting used to the anemone, and I'm sure I'll have to wait to see how the anemone holds up, but what has been ARC's experience with adding an anemone to a tank with a clown that has been there previously?

My clowns took 2 months to even look at the anemone. Then once they hosted they never left it. They wiggled around in it a lot and mouthed it some. The Anemone didn't seem to mind though. Is yours showing distress?

Not that I can tell. It did collapse for a little bit, but now it has opened up a lot and the tentacles are no longer deflated. Of course, only time will tell how it adapts to its new house and inhabitant.