FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Amazing color and polyp extension.  You're my hero, Ty!  Out of curiosity, what brand of salt mix do you use?

Thanks bud!

I don't do systematic waters changes but when I need to replace water, I just use coralife sea salt. I buy a big box from RCA during their Friday sales every once in awhile.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Haha, thanks bud! How's the tank doing?

Its getting there, going through some of the uglies but its getting better, no GHA but a little cyano. I need to post some pics. Not quite ready for real coral, but i figure when i get back from vacation in Aug ill get a few test pieces and see how it does. 

• Like 1

Its getting there, going through some of the uglies but its getting better, no GHA but a little cyano. I need to post some pics. Not quite ready for real coral, but i figure when i get back from vacation in Aug ill get a few test pieces and see how it does. 

That's great to hear! Slow and steady wins the race with reef tanks!

Interesting.  My Maleficent under Radions is primarily red ...

It was mostly red as I got it from you. Stayed that way but the new Encrustment was green. Then moved it to the T5 display and it went even more green.

My phosphates are sky high right now though... Was looking to resume Amino acid dosing again since I haven't used it in 3 years... Shot my phosphates up pretty high the last two weeks so maybe why color is off too.

It was mostly red as I got it from you. Stayed that way but the new Encrustment was green. Then moved it to the T5 display and it went even more green.

My phosphates are sky high right now though... Was looking to resume Amino acid dosing again since I haven't used it in 3 years... Shot my phosphates up pretty high the last two weeks so maybe why color is off too.

What kind of aminos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a slacker I am! No pics for the week yet and it's already Wednesday!

Pengs Starry Night
cd7fd7d59f818761267620dc99b16f6a.jpg

Another nice angle to the Pengs Blue Monster
79e278d2cef292e5b09f43f653009a86.jpg

Grow purple monster... Grow!
37372fcdf7d3e70e1450aec85746cb2b.jpg

Daniks Smurf Goblin
3d24af133fcede7d9670a76420a4e9f6.jpg

Holy RR Firecracker! [emoji50]
0f01072b19041a8aefa48c0d970b232b.jpg

• Like 3