Assorted fish need rehoming- cories, cichlid, sunfish, others

Betta132

I'm trying to find new homes for some fish, mostly because, due to some non-serious (but very hampering) health problems, I'm having a hard time keeping up with maintenance. 

I have: 

5 albino cory catfish, all about 1.5", all with varying degrees of crooked/arched tail. It's a birth defect that the entire batch of fry had, it doesn't seem to hurt or upset them, and they're perfectly healthy otherwise. 

3 albino and 2 (?) regular black skirt tetra, all about quarter-sized. 

A handful of assorted nerite snails I can't make any guarantees on finding but will gladly throw in with anything you take.

A leopard ctenopoma, about 2" long, eating well on frozen food. Slightly on the aggressive side for his species, won't tolerate anything cichlid-esque, occasionally chases but doesn't hurt the tetras and cories. I'm attached to this guy, so I want definite proof he's going into a suitably large tank.

A firemouth cichlid, male, around 3", very bright colors. 

Possibly a spotted Raphael catfish? Near 4" at last sighting, haven't seen it in months but it may just be hiding, can search thoroughly for it upon request. Had short fins before due to being attacked by a cichlid in the LFS, fins were regrowing last I saw. 

And, trickiest of the bunch, a baby red-breasted sunfish. Yes, they are legal to keep despite being native, just not legal to sell. It's about 1.5" long, eats anything you give it, may be stunted due to being mercilessly chased away from food until I got it out of the tank it was in. Has been through an anti-parasite treatment and seems healthy. Will get fairly large, 7" or so, but sunfish are great "wet pet" fish if you have the space. Red-breasts are tolerant to a wide range of temperatures, possibly up to heated-tank temps, but do best in an un-heated tank.

Depending on what you take, I may have a 30g Biocube that I'm willing to get rid of. It's currently occupied. It's one of the old-style ones, where the hatch in the lid is nice and big but the lid doesn't hinge up. A bit dirty on the outside, inside currently occupied by cories, tetras, ctenopoma, a clay+sand substrate, and a bunch of old sticks. Not planted, but looks a lot like the sort of stick-and-mud habitat you see in a lot of pictures of wild tetras. Cories love the substrate. Filter pump doesn't work. 

Reply here or PM me if interested, please. I'm in Georgetown. 

All questions welcome, can try to get pics if needed. 

I can't seem to copy the image codes from Photobucket, but here's a few pics. 

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/crazybonegirl/media/image_zpshl7ex9vl.jpeg.html?o=0

This is a 10 gallon that was formerly used as a divided betta tank and now houses the baby sunfish because he's still small enough for it. Both pieces of wood are anchored to squares of slate to weigh them down, and there's enough uncut dark grey slate to cover about half of the back, when it's stacked carefully on itself. The wood on the right is hollow and has two holes that fish can fit through- great for bettas. Also great for making you think you've lost your betta. There's a few sprigs of Java fern and some unhappy crypts. No algae issues. Lots of dead snail shells, but no snails- the sunfish ate them. I'll probably need either the firemouth cichlid or the sunfish to go with someone before I can get rid of this, but, when it's empty, you get everything. Tank, tank contents, heater, filter, light, lid, etc. Filter is too strong for a betta on that half of the tank, but there's a sponge in there you can wedge into the outlet to tone it down. No copper-based medications ever used in it. Free if you can re-home some of my other fish (not necessarily the sunfish), will accept low trade offers otherwise. 

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/crazybonegirl/media/image_zps33ijmi10.jpeg.html?o=2

Here's the sunfish. He's a bit pale in this pic because I'd just finished a water change. Very curious, stares at everything outside the tank. Eats everything.

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/crazybonegirl/media/image_zps33ijmi10.jpeg.html?o=2

Here's the firemouth. Again, not happy about a water change- too dark in this pic. Had to lure him out with food. Eats well on frozen, will unenthusiastically take pellets. 

image_zpsureh2zv8.jpeg

image_zpsikdwuk2f.jpeg

This is the 29g. It has a mild algae problem due to not having quite enough water changes done lately, but everything inside is healthy. The pump in the filter is on the fritz, but I have a replacement pump you can have. The sticks are pecan wood, and the substrate is a mix of black sand and clay soil with pecan leaf litter on top. Water is never quite clear due to a combination of clay particulates and tannins, but I like how it looks, and I think the ctenopoma likes the lack of bright light. Tank contains 3 "blushing" skirt tetras, which are white skirts bred for transparency, 3 black skirt tetras, one or two nerites, 5 albino cories, and the little ctenopoma. Ctenopoma occasionally chases the tetras and is particularly not fond of the black skirts because of their colors, but all are compatible now. Cories may eventually be small enough to be swallowed when the ctenopoma grows, but are nowhere near small enough now. I can't really get rid of the stand because it's my nightstand, but you can have everything else. 

image_zpsbwpjz0pc.jpeg

Leopard ctenopoma.

image_zpsh7dqbzxm.jpeg

Blushing tetra. Even clearer in person. Cool anatomy lesson.

image_zpsmoumhnme.jpeg

This cory is one of the two with more prominent tail bends. It's a birth defect, presumably genetic, but doesn't seem to hurt them at all, and it's gotten less prominent as they've grown. I'm reasonably certain that two are males and two are females, but I can't keep track of them well enough to be sure about the fifth. Occasionally do their little spawning dance up and down the glass after water changes, but I haven't seen any eggs survive. 

Archived