FarmerTy's Tank Moving Party!

FarmerTy

Awesome guys! You guys might think I'm crazy but I'm planning to transport the rocks with colonies on them without water, just wet paper. I'll be doing a test rock this weekend. Taking it out of the tank, wrapping it in wet newspapers, and driving it around the block for about 20-25 mins. Then I'll rinse it in a bucket of tank water and put it back in. If everything survives, that's my plan for transport of the rocks with corals on them.

So with that plan, non-truck vehicles will work just fine for transport. And yes, I'm crazy. But it seems like a worthwhile experiment.[emoji6]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I mean, don't many of the SPS we find most challenging to keep occur in the intertidal zone anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, don't have time to PM everybody appropriately.

Old address to meet at tomorrow morning at 10am.

Just bring yourselves, nothing else needed. The couple trucks coming, just need to load the water transport bins in those and the sump. The rest can be taken in normal cars.

Pizza and beer afterwards for those that are staying. I would imagine we'd be done by 1pm at the latest but realistically 12pm and eat pizza while I hook everything back up.

We don't need any other equipment but if you feel like bringing things that might help, feel free.

Thanks everybody and see you all in the morning!

Ok, so how did it go?! Would have loved to help and see that beautiful tank again...and watch you scramble to hook the electronics back up! Lol Unfortunately, after foot surgery last week I can't even drive [emoji20] Hope all went well!

We had all the coral in the new tank by 12:30? Fish were separate and he was starting to put things together when we left. Guess we're just waiting for updates now.

I just want to personally thank Juiceman and his girlfriend, Gig'em, Bobcatreefer, Jolt, Isaac, Jimbo, Sascha, TheOceanTraveler, and Harleyguy for helping another fellow reefer out!

The pizza and beer were in no way enough to thank you for all your guys/gals help today so I'll definitely be inviting everyone back over once the tank looks more complete. Maybe we can test out that bar and see how well it holds everyone's beers. You guys/gals who helped me move will all have to help me find homes for all those accidental frags too... I'm sure none were intentional at all. [emoji12]

Progress was made today after everyone left. I just finished about 35 mins ago and cleaned all the saltwater off me. No casulties yet so I'm crossing my fingers because SPS generally won't tell you their mad until they all die on you way later for something you did two weeks ago. So is the SPS life.

I think it went pretty smoothly and I'll bet things bounce back from the stress. Love the idea to get the gang back together when the bar is in place. Sorry about that big frag I made with my elbow!

I think it went pretty smoothly and I'll bet things bounce back from the stress. Love the idea to get the gang back together when the bar is in place. Sorry about that big frag I made with my elbow!

I'm glad you felt like it went smoothly Jolt! I thought it went smoothly on my end but good to hear from a volunteer that it wasn't much of a pain to do. I'll definitely be having "the Union" back over once the bar is in place and I'll have a better beer selection to go with it as we discuss the new terms the Union members want to bring up. [emoji6] One topic might be the acquisition of your large elbow frag to be distributed amongst the Union.
Glad it went off without much issue Ty. Sorry I couldn't make it. Always love getting my armpits in SW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just come on over bud, we can dunk you in the tank. [emoji4]
Yeah, with so many cooks in the kitchen I'd say it went very smoothly.

Who's cooking? I'm starving! That's what I love about this club, everyone is so friendly, cooperative, and helpful!

Ty definitely had a solid plan in place, and our hiccups were minor and easily overcome w/ so many folks around who are used to improvising.  Think it went about as smoothly as it could have.  I'm sure those fish and corals are thrilled to FINALLY have some new, fresh, clean water!  :D

Archived