FarmerTy's Tank Moving Party!

FarmerTy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Hello fellow friends on ARC,

It's that time! Who wants to move a giant SPS tank with super sensitive inhabitants and tons of tech plugged into it? emoji33.png

I'm aiming for next Saturday at 10 am at the old house.

I'll add more details as we go but the jist of it is this.

1) Meet at the old house
2) Pump out as much undisturbed water as I can into two giant water storage containers.
3) A couple people move those containers to the new house and empty water into new tank ahead of everyone else.
4) Remove rocks and corals out whole and transport ASAP to new house
5) Catch out all fish and bag them
6) Leave old sand bed, tank, and stand
7) Grab sump and all equipment and move to new house
8) Add back corals and fish at new house
9) Plug back in all equipment and sump
10) Sit back and eat some pizza and drink some beer and stare at everything slowly die in the new tank. emoji22.png Watching me frantically plug everything back together should be good entertainment as well to go with the pizza and beer.

I'm pretty set on this plan so I don't really want this thread to be a discussion about alternative methods. If you really have a great idea or alternate approach, PM me please and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Otherwise, I'd like to keep this thread open to just who's down for the shenanigans on Saturday, the 15th, at 10 am.

The best part of this move, not one tank will need to be lifted. I repeat... No lifting of heavy tanks.

Just moving sump, equipment, corals, fish, and rocks. I try to make it easy on everyone. emoji6.png

Sneak peak at the new stand.
86ed53ba591c84e46574d6130e7df2d2.jpg

I've been to this place..:-) Red huh? Looks pretty cool.

I'll help Saturday, just PM me your address. I have a full-sized crew cab truck with the carpeted bed and shell on the back.

So plenty of room to carry stuff and keep it all out of the sun if needed.

John

I won't be around next weekend! Dang. Babysitting offer still in effect.
What size is the new tank?

Same size Stephanie. I wish I could have snuck an upgrade in there but with the baby and the new house, it wasn't in the budget right now.

The new stand looks awesome!  

Good luck with the move [emoji106] . I'll be out of town for Easter, but i would have loved to be there to snatch up any frags that that happen break off during the move!:grin:

Thank you sir! Frags a plenty I'm sure.
Pm me the address. I'll help if I don't have to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome. Will do!
I'll be there. More then happy to help. 

Yay!

I'll be out of town as well :(
I really wanted to help though. You'll update to let us know everything made it, right?

I can babysit if you ever need a break too. Even if you just need to work around the house or catch up on sleep. I want another baby but that's not in the cards so I can always use a "baby fix" [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'll be out of town as well [emoji20]
I really wanted to help though. You'll update to let us know everything made it, right?

I can babysit if you ever need a break too. Even if you just need to work around the house or catch up on sleep. I want another baby but that's not in the cards so I can always use a "baby fix" [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thanks Sissy! For sure there will be updates and you'll have to fight both mother-in-laws for babysitting rights. They have been smothering the little guy with attention. [emoji1]

Alright, final list of helpers for this Saturday at 10 am:

1)@Jimbo662
2)@Isaac
3)@Bluemoon
4)@Jolt
5)@Bobcatreefer
6) @gig 'em @ NDestructible
7) @Sascha
8)@HarleyGuy
9)@Christyef
10)@TheOceanTraveler
11)@Juiceman (potentially)
12)@Brian.srock

I'll PM you guys regarding details. Its going to be pretty straightforward though.

1) Show up at old house.
2) Drain tank
3) Wrap live rock with corals in wet towels and place bin
4) Catch remaining fish out (I'll be working on catching as much as I can prior)
5) Transport bins of live rock/corals, bagged fish, and water to new house 10 mins away.
6) Remove and transport sump and equipment
7) Remove and transport Apex, lights, and other electrical items.
8) Watch me frantically put it all back together while eating pizza and having a beer.

Only uses for my truck owning reef buds is maybe transporting the sump, light rack, and electrical. The rest are just going to be bins full of rocks/corals and bagged fish that can go in anybody's car. There will be no sloshing water so no issues there other than the bagged fish.

Oh man, nobody told me THOSE guys were coming! Is it too late for me to back out? I mean that I might have an appointment that day. I'll have to, er, check my schedule. 

Glad u said "guys" and not girl. [emoji23][emoji23]

Omgosh!!!!! I was jst reminded my mom scheduled zip lining for us at 1230 on lake Travis! [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]. Pm me the add anyways. I'll come help before and after.

Omgosh!!!!! I was jst reminded my mom scheduled zip lining for us at 1230 on lake Travis! [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]. Pm me the add anyways. I'll come help before and after.

No worries Christy! Enjoy your day out at Lake Travis. We got more than enough hands on deck.

17 hours ago, Christyef said:

Glad u said "guys" and not girl. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Of course not! I was only going because you and Laura were going to be there. And now...and now...you're zip lining :(

Of course not! I was only going because you and Laura were going to be there. And now...and now...you're zip lining [emoji20]

Zip lining will be fun, but not near as fun as a tank move! [emoji6]

14 minutes ago, Christyef said:

Zip lining will be fun, but not near as fun as a tank move! emoji6.png

We had a great time zip lining on vacation a few years back. Let me know if how you like it down at the lake. 

Archived