Anyone have GSP in low light?

Entropy

I am thinking about going fish only and am looking for a weed that will grow in low light (2x32w T5 actinic, and 3x13w 5500k flourescent). I figure mushrooms and maybe gsp might work. Anyone keeping GSP under low light?

I think I am going to give it a try. I suppose I can always bit the bullet and get new halide bulbs, but I just don't have anything in my tank currently that justifies the expense (other than the GBTA) and I would love to switch to cheaper lighting yet still keep a few low light corals.

I have 3 varieties under a 24 watt PC. One cluster is a pale, light green. The other two are a little greener. One in particular is kind of random when it decides to extend. Stays closed for a week then comes out. Fickle stuff. Grows slowly. None of them look as nice as GSP I see under better lighting though. I have a clump on a frag disk under a HO T5 light (2x24 10k & 2x24 actinic) and it seems to look a *little* better than it's mother colony under PC lighting. It def looked better under halides where I originally bought it. It was eye-popping neon green under halides. You are welcome to the GSP plug I have if you want it.

Archived