Does this look like "Black ich" turbellarian flatworms on Tang

Two days ago the Sailfin Tang started showing some black spots. I thought they were abrasions because he and the Foxface have been jousting for position in the tank. The tank was recently moved (Jan 20th) and no new additions have been added other than new Carib Sea Figi Pink Live Sand. I am using the same live rock, fish and inverts. The pH is 8.0, Ca - 420, Alk 6.9dKH and temp 78. I have not tested Nitrate or Ammonia. I have started feeding a pellet food with the mysis and the tang has been gobbling that up. I also recently added nori to the menu. The fish is eating well, but is swimming more erratically, darting in and out of the live rock.  Here is a TouYube video of the tang. BLACK SPOTS ON TANG

The night that I noticed the spots I made 30 gallons of RO/DI and last night since the spots were still there I mixed salt. Tonight I plan on moving the Tang to the QT. I'm planning on a freshwater dip and then treating him with PraziPro. Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Todd

^^ I agree; those spots look too large to be turbellarians unless the worms are massing together.

I would perform a 5 min FW dip on the fish. If the fish looks "cleaner" following the dip, that means worms have dislodged and I would then treat with Prazipro.

Archived