Brooks & Sean's Tank(s) 87g & 20g

Brooks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back Brooks!!

We're really enjoying your last tank! Big Mama and Little Flake are very happy and have probably laid about a million eggs by now, although they seem to be taking a break for the winter. We've added tons of stuff, lots of corals, an anemone, a few fish, lots of inverts...

thanks for getting us into this money draining hobby! :)

Good luck with your new tanks!!

On 3/15/2017 at 2:07 PM, Heather said:

Welcome back Brooks!!

We're really enjoying your last tank! Big Mama and Little Flake are very happy and have probably laid about a million eggs by now, although they seem to be taking a break for the winter. We've added tons of stuff, lots of corals, an anemone, a few fish, lots of inverts...

thanks for getting us into this money draining hobby! :)

Good luck with your new tanks!!

Hi Heather! 

I'm so happy to hear you still have my little Clown Babies and that they're doing well!!! 

Hoping to see an updated FTS soon! 

In other news, here is the new tank. I spent the better part of 9 hours yesterday tweaking the plumbing after getting it setup. I think I've finally got it working well. I ran it all last night and didn't see any issues. I'm still going to try and get @madsalt out here sometime soon to double check my not-so-handy work. 

Quality wise, compared to the MarineLand tanks, PA blows it out of the water. There ARE still 1 or two bubbles in the seams of this tank, but they are purely cosmetic. 

Anyhow, here is a photo of the tank. I still need to add another AI Hydra 26 to the mix. Although I must say the spread on the one I have is impressive. And I'll be throwing in more LR as well. 

IMG_1908.JPG

In other news, here is the new tank. I spent the better part of 9 hours yesterday tweaking the plumbing after getting it setup. I think I've finally got it working well. I ran it all last night and didn't see any issues. I'm still going to try and get [mention=2485]madsalt[/mention] out here sometime soon to double check my not-so-handy work. 
Quality wise, compared to the MarineLand tanks, PA blows it out of the water. There ARE still 1 or two bubbles in the seams of this tank, but they are purely cosmetic. 
Anyhow, here is a photo of the tank. I still need to add another AI Hydra 26 to the mix. Although I must say the spread on the one I have is impressive. And I'll be throwing in more LR as well. 

IMG_1908.thumb.JPG.6f415850d0f84261e5bac3d25b91b228.JPG

All I got to say Brooks is it looks amazing. Good job man and I think you Def made the right choice going with that tank! Can't wait to see it in person at some point!

You will have to let me know how you like it bc I'm looking to upgrade tanks as well after I move in May but not sure just yet what I want to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2017 at 9:05 AM, maas1221 said:

Looking good. Really like that tank what are the dimensions of it? Also, is that just a flexible arm mount on that hydra? 

Thank you so much! I'll get the dimensions tomorrow for you. And yes, that is a flexible arm mount on the Hydra. :)

On 3/19/2017 at 5:09 PM, Jon.Hanna said:

All I got to say Brooks is it looks amazing. Good job man and I think you Def made the right choice going with that tank! Can't wait to see it in person at some point!

You will have to let me know how you like it bc I'm looking to upgrade tanks as well after I move in May but not sure just yet what I want to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Jon! So kind as always. You are welcome over anytime! Just shoot me a text.

So far, I'm loving it! I'm headed to AquaTek tomorrow to grab some more LR and the other AI Hydra... pics to come! 

Archived