Zackery's Nano Reef Aquarium

z4ck38

In my college years I was semi hardcore into fresh water aquariums. I had a 30 gallon aquarium given to me and I maintained it through most of my later college years, but it was always secretly my dream to to have a salt water aquarium. Something about all the bright blues, purples and greens was exciting to me, versus all the drab gray greens and murky water of the fresh water aquarium which made me kind of sad. 

Fast forward several years to a good friend of mine telling me he's starting up a saltwater tank after having been out of it for a little bit. He told me how it all worked and it seemed super easy and less expensive than I thought it would be. Eventually I would go on to buy a Fusion Nano 10 from him to set up as my own. 

I intend to use this space to post pictures showing the evolution of my humble Nano 10. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy taking them.

For my latest pics check me out on social media:

Instagram - @zackerytaylorswift

Tumbler http://zackerytaylorswift.tumblr.com/

Twitter - @zacktaylorswift

My Build

• Fusion Nano 10 
  • 18-Inch T5HO Light w/ 18w Purple and Blue bulbs
  • Custom Caddy with floss, sponge, and charcoal (eventually I want to put a chaeto in here).

My Corals

• Frogspawn
  • Miami Huricane Chalice (Get your own here)
  • Acan
  • Rainbow Montipora

• 3 weeks later...

So it appears that after a certain amount of time you can no longer edit posts. I've not seen that before, as I planned to put my pics that I finally downloaded from my phone in the above post. Regardless, I'll just post them as I get them. Here are all of the pictures up to now.

01b7c5b225fbdf395356aec833b89b840d36ab83d2.jpg016595d66d6bc78eb5e805ab32a7a28c0049f72311.jpg01f37af68f5864a5a1c328cf8d1542a38a34e04332.jpg

The Nano 10 after I finally finished setting it up and added my first coral, a frog spawn!

01a42902e544e4d37363ff60ccc72a3575e2cefd75.jpg01f80d385b3ac89aa4f47aa0a65aa35173e782fb53.jpg014b2212f01e76b2ae2daad27690e60208fc423eef.jpg

This is a few weeks later. I added some more live rock, which was aquascaped by my bud jon.hanna, as well as a Miami Hurricane Chalice frag, and a few frags of an acan we went together on. 

IMG_2064.jpeg

This is one of the two turbo snails without shells that live in my aquarium and hide in the live rock!

IMG_2113.jpeg

A better shot of the acans and the aquascaping.

IMG_2114.jpg

A rainbow montipora frag with my chalice frag in the background.

I have some other pictures I'll add over the weekend.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:06 PM, Jon.Hanna said:

I Bet it wouldn't be from that crazy guy @CentralTexasReefers Haha. 

That @CentralTexasReefers guy has def been instrumental in helping me obtain the best hardware, aquascaping my aquarium, and helping me find the hottest frags possible.

He's been indispensable with his training me up in this new adventure known as #saltwaterlife, beware though, this isn't the first expensive hobby we've gotten in together, but truth be told, I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime!

Archived