Website and software update, 2017 Ch-ch-changes

Howdy folks, and happy new year!

Just wanted to drop a quick heads up and let you know that ARC will be undergoing a facelift. The software we use has become a little dated so we're updating to the latest and greatest. This means that it will be MUCH easier for you to add multimedia (pictures, videos, etc) from various sources without going through all contortions currently necessary.

While retaining the look and feel of the current site, the new one is organized much better and optimized to load pages much faster. In addition to the forums it provides easier to use photo galleries, articls, blogs, downloads and more. And yes, it will continue to support Tapatalk. :)

The staff and a few volunteers have played with the new version and across the board I got a thumbs up, so here's hoping you like it. We'll be doing the best we can to not interrupt the normal flow of things, but it's inevitable that there will be some downtime and glitches. I'll do the best I can to give you a heads up when that happens, so bookmark the ARC Facebook page to check for updates if you haven't already (and Like Us while you're there!) https://www.facebook.com/AustinReefClub/

We'll be updating our backup before we start, but if you have a favorite icon or content that you don't have anywhere else, you may want to download it to keep an extra copy for yourself.

Once we wrap up this upgrade I'll be posting some new info regarding ARC meetings and events for 2016, as well as some changes to memberships and other things I think you'll like.

2017 is primed for some positive changes, so thanks for sticking around and making this club everything it is!

Archived