New lighting help

AndrewT

my 50/50 power compacts just went out today and im looking to get some new ones tomorrow. I was wondering is there any difference between the 50/ 50 power compact bulb and the actintic power compacts other then the obvious color spectrum. Is one better than the other. Do they have different effects on coral or livestock.

It depends! If you want to run a light cycle! 50/50 bulbs wont allow you to shut off the actinic light! I would go with one actinic and 1 10000k if it where mine! Actinics on 1 hour before 10000k and then off 1 hour after 10000k!

It depends! If you want to run a light cycle! 50/50 bulbs wont allow you to shut off the actinic light! I would go with one actinic and 1 10000k if it where mine! Actinics on 1 hour before 10000k and then off 1 hour after 10000k!

well I was running my two 50/50 power compacts and two 50 watt floresent bulbs. I was being cheap and trying to make best with what I had. do u think the two power compacts plus the two floresent bulbs are sufficient source of light ? I have a couple of sps and high light corals that seem to have been doing pretty well. thanx for the advice