HI!

celebrityovernight

Hi everyone, my name is vinh, and i have a problem. i've been addicted to reefing for a couple about 2 years. NOw that i have that off my chest, here's a little about me.

I'm from Garland(Dallas Metro), TX

I'm coming down to Austin for college and instead of getting out of the hobby, i decided to bring a 2.5 nano w/ me to keep me company. back in garland, i have a 125 mixed reef tank that's about a year old.

I'm definitely new to the area and would appreciate all the help i could get. Anyone know a good lfs that's close to UT campus? i don't plan on bringing any corals from my main 125; planning to start fresh and new.

well, that's pretty much all i have to say for now. Can't wait to get to know the area!

vinh

Welcome to Austin and the club. There aren't any LFS near campus that I know of. However, there are several in N. Austin. 2 are sponsors of the club, and in my opinion, are the 2 best in town. Austin Aquariums and River City Aquatics. Their addresses are in their Forums under sponsers.

From UT, take the Route # 5-WOODROW-NB to Northcross Mall (which is a big transfer center for the bus system). No changes. Takes about half an hour. The buses are free for UT students, last time I checked. See http://www.capmetro.org/ for the Austin bus system.

BTW, when I was at AA a few days ago, they had a Help Wanted sign in the window. I have no idea if the position has been filled, but thought I might mention it.

ej

vinh, looks like we are in the same boat, are you also in the DFWMAS?

i feel strange saying welcome because my post count here is 2 but welcome. i haven't moved down there yet but it is a likely probability that i will move down in october.

are you still in dallas area?

thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

-Robert-

Hi, i believe i am the one that sold some RPEs to you on ebay. how are they doing btw?

-Rob-

hey rob, i am in dfwmas. i've seen you post a couple times and also saw you nano. looks really nice. and yes, we are on the same boat; i'm not moving down here till sunday. hopefully the transition of your corals will go smoothly. wish you the best of luck!

thanks again everyone. i just got a hold of a descent camera. i'll snap some pics and post them soon!

vinh