Using zip ties to arrange LR

mcallahan

I've added some LR to my 55g today and I decided that I hate the arrangement. That being said, I was considering utilizing plastic zip ties to try to make some funky LR arrangements. Do you think this would be safe from a toxicity standpoint?

I noticed aquatek anchored some corals that way, so I'm guessing it is safe, but I'd like to hear anyone's experiences.

Good idea. Acrylic rods...reminds me of Fraggle Rock!

I'm also going to drill some holes into the LR to try to make for better aquascaping. I'll post the results on my blog.

i have used the small zip ties with success, ii even built a small pvc cage that my LR rests on and it worked great...you cant even see it anymore.

just used a few right angle pieces and some connectors and made the structure, then used zip ties on a few rocks..the rest would wedge well after a few key pieces were zip tied on.

I have used zip ties many times. Clear zip ties blend faster (plastic covers with coralline quickly), but black is easier on the eyes in the beginning. After it covers with coralline it doesn't matter.