June Meeting at Me con Bistro (tom2's restaurant!) 6/18 at 2PM

Dan H

tom2 has volunteered to host the June meeting at his restaurant, Me con Bistro! Thank you!

Date: Saturday 6/18/16 @2PM

Topic: Basic filtration systems (skimmers, carbon, GFO, sandbed, canister, etc...)

Auction: Bring your frags! We will be having another auction!

Water Testing: If you want to sanity check your test kits, bring yours and some water from your tank.

Note: They are still acquiring their liquor license, so if you'd like to have a drink, you'll need to bring your own.

link

I have a topic idea.

Filtration systems

You talk about what does what and how to run them

Skimmers, wet vs dry skimming vs no skimmer

Gfo, how to tumble when and how to apply

Carbon why and how to apply

Algae scrubbers

Uv sterilization

Bio pellets

Filter socks mesh and felt

Etc

Obviously you won't be able to go in depth with every topic due to time constraints and some topics can be contentious so I feel it would be good to highlight both sides.

I'll try to make this one but not in the clear to attend yet. I know if I do, I'll come hungry. [emoji4]

I'm happy to add to the talk if I can make it. I can talk all day on most of those subjects except for turf scrubbers as I have no direct experience there.

Its also on grubhub and eat24, the restaurant is actually new, about 4 weeks now. They just switched from Chinese food to vietnamese food so the menu just got released!

• 2 weeks later...

They usually last for about 2 hours. Sometimes a little longer.

Do we still need a topic speaker for the meeting? I've been officially approved to go and be happy to speak on whatever subject people would be interested in if needed! [emoji4]

Here are some potential interesting topics if needed:

-keeping SPS

-dipping corals

-tank transfer method

-ich treatment options

-bacterial treatment options

-setting up QTs

-setting up frag tanks

-quick cycling rock

-propagation methods

-fungia plate farming

-my no water change method

-running a CaRX

If not needed, I'll be stuffing my face on Vietnamese food and listening to the speaker. [emoji106]

Archived