What's your Favorite Coral

Heather

Inspired by FarmerTy's favorite wrasse post, I'd like to know what's your favorite coral and why? I realize this might be like choosing your favorite child, so more than one is cool. Wish lists are also good. I have a new tank and I'm looking for cool corals to add in the next few months. Right now I have a tiny little pom pom xenia frag and a small frag of candy apple red zoas

My wish list:

GSP

blue mushrooms

green frogspawn

a few cool zoas and/or acans (the color combos on these seem endless!)

purple plating montipora (any preferences for capricornis or undata?)

rose bubble tip anemone

sun coral

eventually I'd like to try some acroporas too

Before I post, I just want to say I love all my coral children the same.

But my current infatuation is with my ice fire echinata. The contrast between the white base and the blue tips is jawdropping.

1f00a69b2d72cf9fde5e02f476910922.jpg

I really like Frogspawn because of the movement that it creates in the current. It's like having an anemone that behaves. My other favorite coral is Stylophora because it grows large, fish like to play in it, and it can be shaped to whatever you like.

I really like Frogspawn because of the movement that it creates in the current. It's like having an anemone that behaves. My other favorite coral is Stylophora because it grows large, fish like to play in it, and it can be shaped to whatever you like.

Really? That's your favorite coral child and you don't even carry a picture of it Sascha? Where's the pic? [emoji12]

Really? That's your favorite coral child and you don't even carry a picture of it Sascha? Where's the pic? [emoji12]

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Before I post, I just want to say I love all my coral children the same.

But my current infatuation is with my ice fire echinata. The contrast between the white base and the blue tips is jawdropping.

1f00a69b2d72cf9fde5e02f476910922.jpg

That is beautiful Ty! It's now at the top of my "when I'm ready for some more challenging corals" list!

yeah, I really like the movement of the frogspawn too. I googled the stylophora, it's pretty cool too :)

I guess I'm an LPS guy cause my favorites are my brain corals. Welsos open and closed - Traci's - Maze - Cat's Eye - Scoly's - Acans - But then I love my Chalices too Miami Hurricane - My Miami - Golden Eye - Superman - Hollywood Stunner and like Sasha I love my Stylos. I have a purple I got from Ty and a rainbow pink Thick Stylo I got from someone in Houston's Reef of the Month tank from another club. I really love them all except the **** Texas Trash Paly's I cant get rid of. spiteful.gif

post-3185-0-76997700-1462290157_thumb.jp

My Miami

post-3185-0-88903500-1462290227_thumb.jp

Golden Eye

post-3185-0-41146700-1462290394_thumb.jp

Rainbow Thick Stylo in bottom right pic when I bought it. It is much larger now

I choose sps over other lps and palys/zoas, With some exceptions I would fall over em too.

My favorite piece...RCA everlasting reverse burningcandle...attachicon.gif20160424_150613-1.jpg

That's so photoshopped! My frag looks nothing like that.
Where do u keep it at? And do u get a frag from RCA?

I keep it on my desk under flourescent lighting from my ceiling fan. The one and only RCA Everlasting Reverse Burn Candle!

I choose sps over other lps and palys/zoas, With some exceptions I would fall over em too.

My favorite piece...RCA everlasting reverse burningcandle...attachicon.gif20160424_150613-1.jpg

That's so photoshopped! My frag looks nothing like that.
Where do u keep it at? And do u get a frag from RCA?
I keep it on my desk under flourescent lighting from my ceiling fan. The one and only RCA Everlasting Reverse Burn Candle!
Same here but also it needs to be inside a sealed glass box, which gives it an ultra low dirt and room temp @76°F .

That's where I keep mine....???

I guess I'm an LPS guy cause my favorites are my brain corals. Welsos open and closed - Traci's - Maze - Cat's Eye - Scoly's - Acans - But then I love my Chalices too Miami Hurricane - My Miami - Golden Eye - Superman - Hollywood Stunner and like Sasha I love my Stylos. I have a purple I got from Ty and a rainbow pink Thick Stylo I got from someone in Houston's Reef of the Month tank from another club. I really love them all except the **** Texas Trash Paly's I cant get rid of. spiteful.gif

attachicon.gifiphone pictures 004.JPG

My Miami

attachicon.gifiphone pictures 003.JPG

Golden Eye

attachicon.gifRainbow thick Stylo.jpg

Rainbow Thick Stylo in bottom right pic when I bought it. It is much larger now

oooh! brains weren't really on my list but that My Miami is really cool! I googled the cat's eye too and it's unique and pretty too!

Only thing I'm lusting for is a DEEP Orange Hammer (Branching if possible). Nobody ever gets them... have like 100 feelers out...

Not talking about the normal "orange" hammers which are peach to gold.

Orange-Hammer-Coral.jpg

Only thing I'm lusting for is a DEEP Orange Hammer (Branching if possible). Nobody ever gets them... have like 100 feelers out...

Orange-Hammer-Coral.jpg

Is that even real? I'm seriously asking? Anybody seen one in person? I don't trust dealers these days and their increasing command of photoshop.

Is that even real? I'm seriously asking? Anybody seen one in person? I don't trust dealers these days and their increasing command of photoshop.

Yeah it is. Think that was bought at AustinAquaFarms. Few guys on RC have them as well.

Wholesaler in LA has them time to time, but I just missed a few frags about a month ago.

Orange-Hammer-Coral.jpg

Like this one Extreme Corals had for sale. You missed this one but they do still have an orange / blue one for $225

post-3185-0-18280800-1462309763_thumb.pn

Archived