Relocate a tank

Christyef

Wouldn't be that hard. Set a new 30+ gallon trash can in the middle of the room and pump most of the water to it. Take out any coral and rock that gets exposed and house temporarily in the trash can or other container. Move the tank and equipment to where you want it and then return the water and inhabitants. Rinse and dry the trash can and return it to the store.

when we needed to move my 90 across the room on carpet.

we emptied it about 80% of the way and left all the fish in it.. then pushed it from the bottom across the room....

As long as the stand is sturdy and you go really slow, this is a better idea than trying to carry a tank where you can easily twist it and cause the silicon to crack or pull away from the glass. With a 55 and 3 or 4 people, you might be able to carry the entire tank and stand all together.

Moving glass tanks that still have a substantial amount of water/weight in them is a great way to ruin their seals and even up eventually having a leak. I'd drain it almost entirely if you do it.

How difficult would it be to relocate a 55 gallon tank, stand, and sump from one side of my living room to the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of flooring?
carpet

I found a new couch w/ a chaise I love. Only problem is the chaise is on the wrong side, so I'd have to move my whole living room around... Including tank. I'll think it'll be worth it!! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived