want to borrow bml ballast for two weeks

Wardlaw

I have a 48" BML light that has stopped working. I would like to borrow a ballast until I can have it repaired. I can pay a reasonable amount or buy one if one is available, but I am looking to move away from these lights long term and would rather not buy unless I absolutely have too.

any takers?

The last time I had to get a BML ballast repaired I was able to take it to their factory and they repaired it in 20 mins. May want to give them a call and see if they can do the same for you.

they used to be by my house down south. i drove by and they are totally gone. I will call.

Yeah, they are super fast so give them a call first. I have a ballast designed for a 30" that you can borrow since no one has purchased the fixture yet.

do you know if it matters about the length difference?

I just spoke to BML and just so everyone knows here is what I learned: The repairs, if needed, will only be made if the part is in the warrantied period. There is a large wait time (7-10 days) due to an influx of service orders after the announcement of the shutdown. You may stop by from 9-6 to drop off your order. They are located behind(ish) the Omni on Commercial Center Drive that is off of ST. Elmo. They were still very nice and friendly.

You're still welcome to borrow mine if you need. BML is going out of business? Or just moving or something?

they quit the aquarium side of the business for now in order to focus on their horticultural business. I don't think from the sound of it that they will be back.

Archived