Need o ring for reeflo dart snapper pump

fightinghippo

Just call up Reeflo, their customer service is great and very responsive. I don't think they'll charge you an arm and leg for it either as their direct prices were cheaper than 3rd party parts from other websites.

The o ring I had was fine. I was thinking the prong needs to be on the inner rim but support at reeflo clarified that it needed to be on the outer rim. So the old one still works.

By the way if anyone need o rings check out O Reilly. They had upto 5" ones

Also I am debating if I should just get a internal/submersible pump rather than external. Makes maintenance and plumbing a lot easier. I remembered why I changed to internal one on my current 90g after fiddling around with the pump and running leak test today on the new tank.

Glad I got a chance to talk to Tim. I have to seal the hole you helped drill or find a 2" plug.

I ran external for awhile with my reeflo hammerhead and I much prefer submersible. It's just much quieter and takes up less room under my sump. If I ever had a dedicated tank room with all the equipment in it, I would happily go back to external as the noise or space would not be an issue.

Another factor to think about is the relative efficiency of the newer DC pumps these days. The amount of wattage used to drive those pumps are just a fraction of the old Reeflo pumps.

I'm a big fan of my Jaebo DCS12000. I'd buy another one in heartbeat. Quiet, efficient, controllable, and plug n' play. I have an extra in case it sputters out on me. At $120 compared to the other pumps out there, it's practically disposable for something that moves 3,200 GPH.

To plug my external hole, I just used a PVC end cap that fit the bulkhead. I used a bit of silicone and then just twisted it on there... done!

How long have you been using the dcs12000? That's the new version than dct right? Where did you get it for 120?

I didn't have very good luck with wp40s. They lasted less than a year. If I turn them off I have to manually turn the impeller couple times to get it going even though it's clean. That's why I was a bit skeptical about Jaebo

I ran external for awhile with my reeflo hammerhead and I much prefer submersible. It's just much quieter and takes up less room under my sump. If I ever had a dedicated tank room with all the equipment in it, I would happily go back to external as the noise or space would not be an issue.

Another factor to think about is the relative efficiency of the newer DC pumps these days. The amount of wattage used to drive those pumps are just a fraction of the old Reeflo pumps.

I'm a big fan of my Jaebo DCS12000. I'd buy another one in heartbeat. Quiet, efficient, controllable, and plug n' play. I have an extra in case it sputters out on me. At $120 compared to the other pumps out there, it's practically disposable for something that moves 3,200 GPH.

To plug my external hole, I just used a PVC end cap that fit the bulkhead. I used a bit of silicone and then just twisted it on there... done!

For the WP40s, I just keep two sets and clean and rotate them out every 3 months. That has been working well for me. Before that, I'd lose one about every 1.5 years just about.

For the DCS12000, I think I've had it about a year now if I remember correctly.

You can order it from Fish-street.com and pick their New Jersey warehouse to ship from. It's actually $100 on their website now.

For the WP40s, I just keep two sets and clean and rotate them out every 3 months. That has been working well for me. Before that, I'd lose one about every 1.5 years just about.

You can order it from Fish-street.com and pick their New Jersey warehouse to ship from. It's actually $100 on their website now.

Done. Thank you Ty.

Done. Thank you Ty.

No problem! Now don't confuse my front door for tech support if it breaks on you. shifty.gif Kidding!

[emoji39] since u said kidding, I guess ur still my local tech support then. All kidding aside I am glad to be part of this forum. All the people I have met are really friendly, helpful and have a great sense of humor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived