gfo - too much flow?

ceastman

Check the top sponge. Can't tell exactly from the pic, but mine looked like what you're describing yesterday and I just had to pull the sponge out and rinse it clean - it was packed rack solid w/ GFO granules. Working perfectly now.

The exact opposite, if it is clumped together, then that means it didn't tumble well enough and just solidified together.

Do what Bobcat said and check the top sponge to see if it slowed down your flow or push more water through it for just the perfect gentle tumble.

actually I just checked the second reactor chamber it appears my carbon was blocked up very little water flowing through it. I took the gfo out and it was not solidified so I am going to put that back in and just change out the carbon. seems odd that the carbon would clog up, I changed out the carbon almost 3 weeks ago.

You're not supposed to use the sponge at all on the GFO. That may be one of the problems.

Every now and then I turn the valve on all the way for a sec to make sure nothing clumped, then turn it back down.

You're not supposed to use the sponge at all on the GFO. That may be one of the problems.

Juiceman is correct, if that's the BRS reactor then don't use a sponge with the GFO. I had one in there for a long time and had the same issue you have.

GFO seems to clump up as it gets old... Mine seems to last between 2-3 weeks before it turns to brick. I've run with and without sponges, not sure it really matters. If you don't run any sponges, you just have to start up the pump slowly otherwise you'll blow a bunch of carbon & GFO into the tank.

Archived