SOLD! ?. 400-500 GAL PROTEIN SKIMMER Super Reef Octopus 5000

SHALAKO

I bought this used protein skimmer expecting to over-skim my combined 300 gallons, but the skimmer is too tall and there is too much plumbing that I would have to replace.

With the auto-cleaner, the unit's dimensions are: Dimensions: 17.5″ x 11″ x 28.5

It's about 24 inches tall WITHOUT THE AUTO CLEANER.

I do not have the original lid, did not receive it from original owner.

The unit has had a good vinegar bath and is now very clean.

I will post some actual pics when I have the chance.

$350 obo

post-3182-0-56842600-1459954144_thumb.jp

Super Reef Octopus 5000I In SumpModel

• The Super Reef Octopus 5000int offers the very pinnacle of in-sump protein skimmer performance up to a 500 gallon aquariums. All the latest skimmer design innovations can be found on this SRO5000int model including:

- Bubble Diffusing Chamber and Hybrid Cone Body that naturally reduces and stabilizes the foam production; This means less turbulence in the neck area and more contact time for organics to rise and collect

- Oversized Air Silencer for quiet operation and airline mount

- Large Collection Cup with flow directional guide, drain and unit venting

- Precision Control with the easy to turn output flow valve

- Power The Bubble Blaster HY-5000 pinwheel pump offers super efficiency and the very best in performance. The Bubble Blaster is designed to enhance filtration by employing the innovative pinwheel impeller which delivers more bubbles in greater volume with low energy consumption and heat emission.

Filtration Handling

- 500 Gallon Light Filtration Demand|450 Gallon Medium Filtration Demand|400 Gallon Heavy Filtration Demand Techinical Specs

Body Size: 10″

Footprint: 17.5″ x 11″

Neck Size: 6″

Total Height: 24″

Output Size: 50mm - Comes with Metric to British Adapter to 1.5pvc

Output Height: 5.1″

Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6.5"

bubbleblasterpumproundvolute_1.jpg

Pump Information

Bubble Blaster 5000 Pinwheel Pump

Wattage: 45w

Air Draw: 2,100 lph / 74 SCFH*

Water Draw: 1,800 lph / 480 GPH*

*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup

post-3182-0-09228200-1459954154_thumb.jp

SRO Automatic Skimmer Neck Cleaner

Octopus motorized (ANC) Automated Neck Cleaner helps keeps your octopus protein skimmer running at peak performance by periodically wiping the inside of the neck where all the bio-organics usually would accumulate. This great skimmer accessory not only keeps you skimmer running at peak efficiency but save the timely chore of keeping your skimmers neck clean. As you know, build up in the neck causes foam to stick to the sides and restricting the collection of skimmate within the skimmers cup.

Keeping the neck wall clean results in consistent skimmer performance and little to no down time. This device uses twin squeegees to automatically remove the buildup from a skimmer neck. The SRO (ANC) consists of a high torque low RPM motor, wiper mount, lid with mounting clamps and the squeegees.

To operate this easy to you device, you simply plug the unit into a timer (not included) or aquarium controller and set it to run for a few minutes 4 to 6 times per day. By running it this way you will never experience crud build up along the walls of you skimmers neck.

This unit will increase the height of your skimmer by approximately 3 3/4-5" depending on the model.

The Octopus ANC does not require you to send in or modify your stock lid in any way because our ANC is built into the lid for precise control

Not intended to be used with ozone

Responding to the question: Can the Skimmer you are selling be used in a sump that is deeper than 6.5inches?

The answer is yes. All you have to do is increase the height of the Skimmer outlet with a riser extension (pvc tube).

As long as the outlet is high enough above the level of the sump, the Skimmer will work as designed.

• 2 weeks later...

Im torn if I should start stocking up on equipment like this now, so when I upgrade to my 240g at end of this year ill have a bunch of equipment that I got good deals on...or if its better to stay flexible and wait till I design my sump, stand, etc

The best way to complete a system setup should also include design parameters of the integrated parts, as well as the whole.

I have sold the skimmer unit twice now, and it did not fit, between the sump and the plumbing or bottom of display tank.

It is a graet inut, makes tons of bubbles and is a good deal at $350.

Archived