Skimmer Neck cleaners Is It Worth It???

dshel1217

Does anyone have any experience with using these? Do you see a increase in skimmer efficiency and worth the $?

I have the Vertex one and I'm a fan. It's worth it for me not having to maintain the skimmer but only once/month.

Does anyone have any experience with using these? Do you see a increase in skimmer efficiency and worth the $?

I have the Vertex one and I'm a fan. It's worth it for me not having to maintain the skimmer but only once/month.

+100

not sure how air powered $2k gear would help *lol* I have barely enough clearance to remove the top, so anything i do essentially has to be flat or internal... why it hasnt been done yet!

Guess I'll be the outcast on this one but REALLY! What happened to the old finger cleaner when I dump the collection cup. know this is old school and I'm an old timer but I mean if the skimmer is running properly and not to dry of a skim, the air bubbles produced by the skimmer pump will keep the base neck clean and only the portion with the collection cup gets dirty. I can see if you have a set up where the collection cup drains into a much larger container via a hose connection from the cup to a "jug" where one does not pull the cup to empty then this could be a wanted feature. Or a really big system with a large skimmer most likely not a sump skimmer then yes again. But smaller sump skimmers with collection cups. This is just a bell and whistle add on. Kind of like running a calcium reactor on a bio-cube. Really? But then it couldn't hurt if you got the $150 to throw in it. A reef tank is much like a boat. It is a hole in the water where you throw your money. We just decide how much to throw in the hole. post-3185-0-29863200-1459353940.png

This is one of those toys that I like the idea of, but just didn't see the money as justified in value, but sometimes when I'm smelling the wonders of our hobby I reconsider. Maybe if the itch for a new toy becomes too strong...

It makes my skimmer a no maintenance affair for me. When my external reservoir is full, I empty it, which is monthly. Every 6 months I'll clean my skimmer pump, air line, and the auto neck cleaner. I'll pay $150 for that any day.

It's like the ATO of the nutrient control world. Something you're usually a slave to every 3-5 days becomes a non-periodic task for you from that point.

Now if I can get an auto alk tester, I'd be in heaven.

Those are called kids....
I'm not trusting kids with the most critical test in my tank. They'll nuke my whole tank! [emoji87]

I only trust robots!

It makes my skimmer a no maintenance affair for me. When my external reservoir is full, I empty it, which is monthly. Every 6 months I'll clean my skimmer pump, air line, and the auto neck cleaner. I'll pay $150 for that any day.

It's like the ATO of the nutrient control world. Something you're usually a slave to every 3-5 days becomes a non-periodic task for you from that point.

i think im going to get one for the maintenance reason too and AVAST has one for 110$.

Do you think you gain any efficiency have a motor that cleans 2/3 times a day?

Archived