Dan help!!

Christyef

What are your water params? Specifically Alk and mag? Are your lights on in that picture? It doesn't look very bright and it may need more light.

duh, i thought u meant the clown *lol* I agree on the alk/mg. if your alk is off, your MG is most likely low.. even w/ high calcium, it wont bond w/o alk+mg at proper levels.

What are your water params? Specifically Alk and mag? Are your lights on in that picture? It doesn't look very bright and it may need more light.

i use an API test kit and according to that test, my ph, nitrate, nitrites, and ammonia are all w/ in the correct range (color). I can't give an exact Number because I don't test anything with digital test. And I don't test for calcium or alkalinity because I don't have those Hanna test. And I have never tested for magnesium. Is that a test I can also order online? I'm going to order those today. But they were testing that at Nico's and they seemed good. And yes, my lights are on. I have 4 t5s, Two white and two actinic. I could incorporate to HL to run during the day. Would that help?

duh, i thought u meant the clown *lol* I agree on the alk/mg. if your alk is off, your MG is most likely low.. even w/ high calcium, it wont bond w/o alk+mg at proper levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keu12vKZNXM

thank you. Good to know. Because my calcium is high. But I've never tested for magnesium. I will try to do that today. Maybe Nikos can check for that

Without knowing the Alk and Mag levels it's hard to say what's causing the coral to be unhappy. It is an SPS and jumping into that world is an entirely different game. The effort required to keep SPS happy is a considerable jump from most soft corals and LPS.

You don't have to spend the big bucks to get digital testers, buying the simple Salifert Alk / Mag tests on Amazon are sometimes below $15 with shipping. That's all I use and it works well enough.

Without knowing the Alk and Mag levels it's hard to say what's causing the coral to be unhappy. It is an SPS and jumping into that world is an entirely different game. The effort required to keep SPS happy is a considerable jump from most soft corals and LPS.

You don't have to spend the big bucks to get digital testers, buying the simple Salifert Alk / Mag tests on Amazon are sometimes below $15 with shipping. That's all I use and it works well enough.

1c2112db9f1a983b0e8b88d5f0a21971.jpgi found this one w/ all 3....

1c2112db9f1a983b0e8b88d5f0a21971.jpgi found this one w/ all 3....
Those are great. I've really liked using those for Mg and alk.

Yeah, those are what I use. Price them out separately. Sometimes it's cheaper that way, sometimes not. You just have to look around.

The fish store will test it for you.

a certain LFS that I love has had a sample for several days. They're real busy I suppose. [emoji848]
Their results will be rubbish by that time, potentially due to bacterial interference. The water needs to be tested sooner than later. I'd drop off another sample if I were you.

The fish store will test it for you.

a certain LFS that I love has had a sample for several days. They're real busy I suppose. [emoji848]
Their results will be rubbish by that time, potentially due to bacterial interference. The water needs to be tested sooner than later. I'd drop off another sample if I were you.
. Funny you say that. I asked that SPECIFIC question.. I was thinking stagnant water cldnt be good... Plans are to take more today. Thnx!

A reputable LFS would do it at the time it's brought in. Based on my experiences, I choose to go to one of two fish stores in the area. The rest have lost my business. That's not including the store that recently opened since I haven't been there yet.

A reputable LFS would do it at the time it's brought in. Based on my experiences, I choose to go to one of two fish stores in the area. The rest have lost my business. That's not including the store that recently opened since I haven't been there yet.

wheres the new one??

wheres the new one??
Just Reef way down south.

Yeah that's why I haven't been there. I make a trip to Aquadome twice a year or so. The traffic is just too bad for me to go during the week. I think there was a meeting at Just Reef, or there will be one in the future, or both.

Yeah that's why I haven't been there. I make a trip to Aquadome twice a year or so. The traffic is just too bad for me to go during the week. I think there was a meeting at Just Reef, or there will be one in the future, or both.

In May it's at Just Reef. The topic is fragging corals and everyone (depending on attendance I think) will leave with a frag!

Archived