Christian's 180 in-wall aquarium

Christian

How's it going guys so I got the ok to put a aquarium in my wall after a year of being in our new house, the in wall aquarium is a go!

We found the perfect aquarium it's 48"L X 36" D X 24"T

With stand and sump, we will be posting pictures along the way!

Finally got the aquarium upstairs!!

post-958-0-16636000-1459079908_thumb.jpe

Cut the outside sheetrock off

post-958-0-07982800-1459079951_thumb.jpe

Removed the inside Sheetrock and studs

post-958-0-66149700-1459079995_thumb.jpe

Time to reroute the electric and place the stand inside.

post-958-0-03427900-1459080048_thumb.jpe

New outlet moved to the top left of where the aquarium will be

post-958-0-93638600-1459080103_thumb.jpe

And the 40 gallon sump

post-958-0-22063300-1459080142_thumb.jpg

You may want to have a framer come check out what you just did. Double studs are generally load bearing. You are going to need to put a header across that opening and ensure the load is transferred down.

Yeah, we are working on that today, we placing, a header beam along with extra, side supports to hold it all in place, also we will be adding a bottom support beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is working out good! Had a contractor look at the work. He gave his [emoji1303]

0a5da9553444421c49dc9dd9dee2948a.jpg

Oh the mess that I have made

We will be repairing the dry wall and painting tomorrow [emoji3]

89763c791923d5e2b37bf7bb4b3fe134.jpg

All done for tonight. I will be adding a 1/8 layer of plywood to fill the space between the stand and the wall.

Once all the wall patches are dry we will also be adding a border around the aquarium.

So I also have this uv sterilizer that I can place on my aquarium I trying to figure out the best spot for it. I'm thinking about having it running on its own pump and having it attached to the back of the stand.

b8e56e9b243b21ca5869a79b1b67ef09.jpg

The sump is in place and so are the drains

666f375d3d879abf5b9672e1f914f7d8.jpg

Can you mount it to the underside of the stand? Timfish always recommends running UV on its own pump, with the pump in the tank down right near the sand. That's if your goal is ich management.

I was just thinking to keep my aquarium water clear, along with running my new bubble mags skimmer.

Look how big my sea hair is its kinda hard to tell but he's about 7" or more 82b3bbe25669f1fddf224c9662a85d3c.jpg

I was just thinking to keep my aquarium water clear, along with running my new bubble mags skimmer.

Look how big my sea hair is its kinda hard to tell but he's about 7" or more 82b3bbe25669f1fddf224c9662a85d3c.jpg

Neat!

I'd run the UV over the sump. Anything outside the tank and not over a container is a potential source of a leak and water damage. I'd also use flexible pvc to connect to each end of it, it makes it much easier to move around when you need to change the bulb.

Yeah I have a hole in the stand that is big enugh to pull the light out through the top of the stand. I'm just trying to make sure that I can add onto the sump if needed such as adding a GFO or carbon reactor at a later date.

So guys good news and bad news. First the bad so on Wednesday night we filled up the aquarium, around 2am the bottom of the aquarium cracked ?

We stayed up moving everything back to the old tank cleaning up water. It was not fun.

So yesterday we got a new 120 rr tank to take its place wich is the good news were still putting an aquarium in the wall??

Now we have a 180 gallon that we are not going to be useing so if someone wants it I would like $100 for it or best offer kinda just want it gone. I don't have room for it. It would make a good reptile tank

Yeah it was level, evrything was looking great. Yeah thanks to cliff we got his 120 rr tank, and we going to do some more wall work, and have the tank in today.

So looking at the install. It looks like the tank is part on the stand and part on the wall. The 2 items will deflect differently thus causing the tank to get unlevel and crack. My guess is the stand started moving before the wall and caused the crack in the front half of the bottom panel. Until you remedy this problem you will continue to crack glass. I would just have the tank 100% on the stand and trim the 2x4's with trim to finish the opening.

Archived