Distance btn tank and light source

Christyef

Hey!! I recently added an oddesea t5 (4bulbs- 3 actinic and one white) to my 55 gallon. I hung them from the ceiling And was told that 15" above the tank was a good height to have the lights hang. (Not sure if that is grammatically correct [emoji12])..... Anyhoo, now I'm second guessing that. Is that too high?7fc238076703f93e33babe2ba8b4bdf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would hang the anywhere from 5-10 depending on the corals kept and also I would recommend a different bulb combo when it is time to replace them. Like a 1 white or two depending on the look going for, 1 coral plus or purple plus, 1 actinic or two depend I g the look you are going for. I am. It saying that is the best but I think the three actinide you are loosing some color spectrum when 1 -2 will get you the same effect

Cool. Thnx guys! I AM trying to grow corals .... Why can't I Jst chng the bulb now instead of waiting? It'll be a long time! They're only a month old...

You can if you want I was just saying when they need to be changed to not take on an extra cost

oh, ok. Good. I want my tank to be its best. If I need to chng them to make the corals happy, I will. [emoji7]. Thnx

When I had my t5's I ran two whit on one channel and one actinic and one purple plus on the second channel. Worked very well kept mushrooms, zoanthids, anemones, some lps and also sps. Under those lights in a 55 gal tank.

When I had my t5's I ran two whit on one channel and one actinic and one purple plus on the second channel. Worked very well kept mushrooms, zoanthids, anemones, some lps and also sps. Under those lights in a 55 gal tank.

thank u. I'll lower them this wkend. My leather doesn't appear happy

Looks better. How far off the water is the bottom of the fixture?

Top of the water 6". Bottom is 2'. I met w/ Shawn today and he said t5's only go down so far (sorry,Shawn I can't remember the #), but MH will go 24". I can incorporate those to my fixture, but didn't want to fry everything. And they're SO bright. And hot. (I don't have a hood) Maybe only run them a few hours??

fb919ece7695896b78dfae235c5aeb9e.jpg

Happiest I've seen her in a cpl months!!! [emoji122][emoji122]. Not sure if it's the light placement or bc I put one of the wave makers right on her, but I'm glad!

Keep doing your thing! It already looks 10x better than my first tank.

cool! Thnx! It's bc of the great network I've found [emoji6]
Where? I want in! This reef club is doing nothing for me! [emoji12]

Keep doing your thing! It already looks 10x better than my first tank.

cool! Thnx! It's bc of the great network I've found [emoji6]
Where? I want in! This reef club is doing nothing for me! [emoji12]
yeah, I can tell! [emoji23]

Archived