Need Sump for 400 Gallon Aquarium...

JLJ2188

Hello Fellow Reefers,

I am in need of a sump for a 400 gallon tank. I was hoping someone had something they were no longer using. If anyone has anything they think could work or if anyone knows of a way to make one for a tank this size, please let me know.

Thank you!!

I have a trigger systems Ruby sump that I was using on my 90G. I would need to measure it to give you size, but my offhand guess is ~ 36 gallons.

Thank you for the offer but I feel it will need to be about 100 gallons ?

Did you buy the "catfish" tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I am in the process of buying the 400 gallon oak stand one. It's on Austin reefers I believe

That will be a sweet build! Hope it's on the tank build forum when you get started!

Did you buy the "catfish" tank?

No I am in the process of buying the 400 gallon oak stand one. It's on Austin reefers I believe
That will be a sweet build! Hope it's on the tank build forum when you get started!

Hadnt thought about that but I will post the progress of the tank once it gets going! Thank you for the idea!

383e7a844b175bcf898461da0114fce2.jpg

I have this one available. 60x30x16.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I have decided to build a sumo for the tank in the stand once I get it. It will be build directly in the stand to get the largest size possible. Thank you for your help.

383e7a844b175bcf898461da0114fce2.jpg

I have this one available. 60x30x16.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I have decided to build a sumo for the tank in the stand once I get it. It will be build directly in the stand to get the largest size possible. Thank you for your help.

Just a quick thought but if the sump for some reason ever leaks or gets cracked, if it's not removable, you'll have to tear down your tank to get it out. I'm assuming you'll build it to be removable but if not, just wanted to mention now so you can account for it in the planning stage.

Archived