Do you own Vortech MP60w? need help

I bought it as part of a tank I purchased. I didn't test it much except plug it in and see if it powered on.

When I put it in the tank now after I power it on, I hear loud vibration noise and it goes for about 30-40 secs and then stops with the driver blinking red/ green

I tried hard reset but that didn't help.

I wanted to see if any one else who has mp60 can help with determining which side is the issue, dry or wet side( may be by trying each piece on their working one. my dry side with their wet side and the other way to isolate which one is the issue). I am near ikea but can bring the pump to you

Thanks in advance

Do you know if they were cleaned good before you got them? Just thinking maybe the wet side got all gunked up inside and it was allowed to dry out. If so, maybe try soaking them in water / vinegar for about an hour.

Do you know if they were cleaned good before you got them? Just thinking maybe the wet side got all gunked up inside and it was allowed to dry out. If so, maybe try soaking them in water / vinegar for about an hour.

On a side note. I got a tank similar to what u had in ur tank build a while back. Dsa 175

So I may hit you with some more questions on overflow setup etc .. Hope that's ok

How loose is the propeller and magnet? The propeller is held tight to the magnet via a a nut, and if that nut gets loose the magnet will spin, but the propeller won't. The magnet can also jump around when this happens and that can cause the whole system to bind and cause a stall. You may want to take the whole wet side apart and check if the plastic pieces haven't been chipped up. There's also a tiny plastic washer in there, and if it deteriorates and brakes you'll have a lot more friction when the magnet spins. I would suggest you pull up the layout of the wet side in the manual and take it apart to make sure everything is still in good shape and in place.

Yeah, just let me know. I'm also near Ikea.

+1 on what Gig'em said. If the previous owner took it apart the bushing or washer may have fallen off and he didn't notice it. That happened to me on an MP40.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Vinegar water over night. It will be easy to spray clean in the morning. If that doesn't work, replacement impellers are not that expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived