Clown Egg problems

rogerbn

Help Me Please

Hello all I need some help. My wife saw that the the saddle back clowns have laid eggs and would like to keep them. I have read some stuff on line from http://www.petstation.com/clownfish.html that gives me a general Idea what todo. The eggs right now are orange and the male is aerating the eggs. I need help!!!!!!

Oh yea they are laid by the anemone on a small branch of live rock.

Edited by rogerbn

Does no one have any exp on this issue. Even the littlest would help me out name a book or a website. I'm willing to look at all what is thrown at me. According to one page there is not much time only about 10 day until they hatch. If nothing is done then all the fish will be haveing a high protein meal.

Edited by rogerbn

I know there is a lady on reef central that has done a lot with raising clowns. You might do a search there and see what your find. I know you will need to remove them to a separate tank and they need rotifers to eat while they are tiny. Beyond that I can't help your too much.

I know there is a lady on reef central that has done a lot with raising clowns. You might do a search there and see what your find. I know you will need to remove them to a separate tank and they need rotifers to eat while they are tiny. Beyond that I can't help your too much.

Yea I have read that I was hopeing some one knew some more stuff. Thanks for the tip I will check there.

Yea I have read that I was hopeing some one knew some more stuff. Thanks for the tip I will check there.

Yeah, that's probably your best bet. Do a search on MAAST as I think one of the SA guys was trying to raise some.

I had my clowns laying tons of times before but it is alot of work and pretty hard to actually get those eggs to hatch in captivity.