SPECIAL May Meeting at Just Reef 5/21/16 @2PM - Fragging!

Dan H

So bummed I missed out. Any pictures from the meeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian.srock was taking pictures and I saw Timfish with a video camera. Hopefully they'll post soon!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the things I enjoyed most about the meeting was the opening speech. When it was mentioned that fragging used to be a "secret" that fish stores kept so that they could make money off of corals and that we were going to learn how to do that, it reminded me of the open source software community that was built upon the good nature of helping others and teaching. I'm glad to be part of this group even though I'm very new to the hobby because I couldn't agree more with the philosophy of bringing others up to your level when you're in a position to help them learn.

Also, we're on the internet now.... nothing is secret. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

I do have a question.... what can a member do to add value to the community?

I do have a question.... what can a member do to add value to the community?

Easy - pass on what you have learned and lend a hand when you can!

Keep asking questions! I think many times people are afraid to ask for fear of looking stupid or whatever. The reality is that this is a fairly difficult hobby that requires a LOT of learning, and a lot of mistakes. Asking questions helps everyone learn and hopefully avoid some of the more painful mistakes.

Also, suggestions are always welcome. If you think of any ideas that you think would be helpful, bring them up. We're always looking for ideas for meeting topics, or even starting new discussions on this message board. For the most part this site is very civil. We even manage to have some very interesting discussions about contentious topics and still hang out and have beers together. :)

Definitely ask questions. The ones who know the most have probably made a ton of mistakes up to that point so they can steer you in the right direction to avoid them yourself.

Wait Dan... I thought you bought me the beer to apologize for disagreeing with me and to confirm that I'm always right? [emoji12]

Archived