SPECIAL May Meeting at Just Reef 5/21/16 @2PM - Fragging!

Dan H

We have a special May meeting set up this year. We are going to have a live fragging session! The club will buy a maricultured Acro colony and then we will be demonstrating how to frag and mount the corals. Here's the best part - ARC Premium members will get to keep a frag for themselves!

There will be a limited number of frags and we won't know how many for certain. It will be first come, first serve. Most likely there should be enough for everyone, but just in case, you need to RSVP. To get on the list, please PM Dan H or post on this thread. If you don't see your name on the list below, please PM Dan H.

Date: Saturday 5/21/16 @2PM

Topic: Fragging Corals! Free frag for premium members!

Auction: Bring your frags! We will be having another auction! You must be a Premium member to sell, anyone can buy!

Water Testing: If you want to sanity check your test kits, bring yours and some water from your tank.

Frag RSVP List:

• Shawn M
  • jolt
  • rchavez
  • KimP
  • Emlee
  • BobcatReefer
  • cdf
  • Jimbo662
  • Heather
  • Jtsmith212
  • TxSkyGuy
  • Christy
  • JasReef
  • tom2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People often ask how to frag zoas too if anyone has a colony they want a pro to frag up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This could be a good chance to talk about palytoxin and how to safely frag these types of coral.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm new to the hobby and to this board. I, however, am not new to doing highly complicated or technical things so I think this is a good hobby for me in my middle adult life. I live about a block away from Just Reef. My girlfriend and I will be attending this meeting because we're trying to learn as much as we can as quickly as we can. We have a 12g acrylic cube we bought from Aaron that is currently cycling and getting ready for it's very first clean up crew to be added. I'm excited to meet some locals that are into this awesome hobby.

--Jonathan M

Hello everyone, I'm new to the hobby and to this board. I, however, am not new to doing highly complicated or technical things so I think this is a good hobby for me in my middle adult life. I live about a block away from Just Reef. My girlfriend and I will be attending this meeting because we're trying to learn as much as we can as quickly as we can. We have a 12g acrylic cube we bought from Aaron that is currently cycling and getting ready for it's very first clean up crew to be added. I'm excited to meet some locals that are into this awesome hobby.

--Jonathan M

Welcome to the hobby!

Welcome to the club Jonathan! This will be a fun meeting and a great time to meet a lot of hobbyists! Let the addiction begin.

We have a special May meeting set up this year. We are going to have a live fragging session! The club will buy a maricultured Acro colony and then we will be demonstrating how to frag and mount the corals. Here's the best part - ARC Premium members will get to keep a frag for themselves!

There will be a limited number of frags and we won't know how many for certain. It will be first come, first serve. Most likely there should be enough for everyone, but just in case, you need to RSVP. To get on the list, please PM Dan H or post on this thread. If you don't see your name on the list below, please PM Dan H.

Date: Saturday 5/21/16 @2PM

Topic: Fragging Corals! Free frag for premium members!

Auction: Bring your frags! We will be having another auction! You must be a Premium member to sell, anyone can buy!

Water Testing: If you want to sanity check your test kits, bring yours and some water from your tank.

Frag RSVP List:

• Shawn M
  • jolt
  • rchavez
  • KimP
  • Emlee
  • BobcatReefer
  • cdf
  • Shalako

Sounds like good times but that's my wife's birthday.... so after the palytoxin debacle, I think it's best not to even mention anything about reefing that weekend. Have fun everyone!

So how do you become a premium member and what are the benefits?

Gamma, just click on the "Store" tab at the top of the page and see will see an option to pay for a premium membership. Click on that and it will tell you all the benefits you'll have as a premium member.

I've cut and pasted it below for your convenience though:

You will receive a Premium Membership Card entitling you to:

Air, Water, Ice -- 10% off purchases when using club code

AquaSD -- 5% off all purchases

Austin Aqua Dome -- 50% off Aqua-Dome membership card (normally $19.99)

FlexPVC -- discount codes posting in forum

Get Pumped Saltwater -- 10% discount

Mr. Cob's Corals -- 10% off all purchases

Reefer Tees -- 5% off all purchases

River City Aquatics -- 10% discount on all drygoods and livestock

VAquatics -- 10% off all orders

Club Privileges:

Access to the Premium Member only sections of the site

Access to Club Equipment

Discounted or Free admission to ARC Premier Events

Sneak peaks and testing of new features being added to ARC.

Enhanced Forum Experience:

Advertisements hidden within site.

Removes search flood control.

Extended topic title/post editing (Unlimited time instead of 60 minutes).

Increases Personal Message (PM) storage - up to 200 messages

Ability to add attachments to PMs

Ability to have up to 5 participants per PM conversation.

Up to 5 images allowed in signatures (500px x 100px each).

Ability to give out 10 rep points (instead of 5) daily.

Ability to change display name once per month.

Ability to sell/trade items in the "For Sale" forum.

The "I support ARC" badge on posts.

arcPremiumSm.gif

All for just $2.50/month!

Dapetit used to mail them out, not sure who does it these days. They also bring them to the meetings usually for pickup if the person happens to be going to the meeting.

Maybe Mframe will see this and let us know what's the procedure these days.

You will receive a Premium Membership Card entitling you to:

Does that get mailed out? Never got one here.

If you pay for shipping they get mailed, otherwise you can pick them up at any club event. I'm still a bit backlogged so if you're waiting on yours ping me and I'll prioritize yours.

Archived