Frag tank lighting?

ceastman

So lighting a frag tank - use lights similar to your display tank? My display lights are BML but they are no longer available so I was looking at Kessil vs Radion. I have an apex controller. So I was planning on controlling it via the apex.

The frag tank I am looking at is 24" deep, 12" high and either 24" or 36" wide.

In an ideal world, matching your main DT lights are best. Less room for acclimation stress with fresh cut frags being put in the frag tank if they came from the same lighting and even par level.

You could always find a used BML fixture or just go with one of the Kessil or Radions. Personally, I'd throw a cheap fixture over it like the Ocean Revive T247s and call it a day. It's a frag tank, lighting it with a super expensive light defeats the purpose in my eyes if you're trying to just make some money on the side to keep funding your hobby.

Ty,

Are you able to control the Ocean Revive via your Apex? How much control do you have?

Carl

None, but I feel no need for it to be controlled via my Apex. On/off is all I need. It does have 2 channels that can be controlled independently, blues and white + misc. I use that for my dawn/dusk effect.

Archived