fish in overflow, yay!

Isaac

So i went on vacation, luckily 99% of the tank is good (friggin anemones love stinging crap to death), but as I sat there counting fish, I kept wondering where my mysteri went. On my weekly "check the overflow for aiptasia ad laser them away" routine, i found the sucker in the overflow!

so... whats the best way to.... [safely] end his vacation in the overflow?

If you have a short, straight shot, from the overflow to the sump, you could just remove the sandpipe with a filter sock or net to catch what comes out the drain. Or you'll need to carefully pick him up from the bottom of the overflow if he doesn't go down. Make sure you can reach the bottom if you try this method.

eh, the plumbing has many corners and a pvc to barb to pvc section which could damage him. I was debating turning the pumps off and using a 1" tube to try and siphon him out.... would just be like a long rock tunnel to him right? :) great, now all i can think of is warp drive/wormhole animations.

i debated buying one of those minnow catchers, and sewing the tunnel to netting... problem is spacing w/ plumbing. eh, ill pick one of those up at academy and sacrifice the netted breeder thingy. thx for that train of thought! :)

Fun. My 5_6" trigger somehow jumped over into the overflow a while back. No idea how he did it, but glad he landed where he did. Had to get him out by hand. No space for nets back there. Maybe a crappie hook with some shrimp would have worked. He bit a couple times on the way out.

Archived