Cherry Picking Corals in LA

Hey everyone. Some of you may or may not know that I do some work with RCA from time to time and Jake and I have arranged for me to gain access to some whole salers in LA. I have planned my trip so I will be there on Sunday, which is when most shipments arrive from overseas granting me the best pick of the lot in corals and other livestock. RCA and I have agreed that I will cherry pick some of the nicest specimens I can find while I'm there, which will then be shipped to RCA for sale in the store.

I am SUPER SUPER SUPER pumped about this and I can't wait to see a wholesale operation in person and look through all the beautiful livestock. I feel like a kid at a candy store on Christmas Eve. I'll be sure to try and take some photos where I am allowed and share them on the club.

All that being said, if anyone is looking for anything spectacular, hard to find, or super specific that you don't normally see in stores, post it here and I'll make it my mission to find it, order it for RCA, and have it shipped to Austin. A lot of retailers in Austin will order livestock, but rarely will they travel to the source and hand pick it out for you! punk.gif

I'll definitely try to post pics on this thread while I'm there, but time will be limited so you'll have to act fast!

As far as being obligated to buy, I'll have to ask Jake about that. I imagine (as my opinion and not RCA) if its something that can easily be sold because it's so awesome, then probably not if you pass on it. It doesn't hurt to tell me what you're looking for and I'll look to see if it's even available that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll definitely try to post pics on this thread while I'm there, but time will be limited so you'll have to act fast!

As far as being obligated to buy, I'll have to ask Jake about that. I imagine (as my opinion and not RCA) if its something that can easily be sold because it's so awesome, then probably not if you pass on it. It doesn't hurt to tell me what you're looking for and I'll look to see if it's even available that day

Perhaps if we created a GroupMe chat for everyone interested? That way we can all be notified as you send pictures?

This is the kind of thing that makes the club so great! It's awesome for you to do this. Unfortunately, my tank isn't ready or else I'd be all over this.

Aw come on Sascha, just set up a temporary small QT tank to hold a few large colonies until your display tank is ready! grin.png

So is anyone interested in anything other than hard corals? I'll be looking for clams and rare anemones if anyone is interested in those...

Oh, you're such an enabler! How dare you tempt me with clams when I'm nervous to start with SPS! Haha j/k. Actually, I'm testing out two pieces right now and they're doing well after a week.

So is anyone interested in anything other than hard corals? I'll be looking for clams and rare anemones if anyone is interested in those...

Oh, you're such an enabler! How dare you tempt me with clams when I'm nervous to start with SPS! Haha j/k. Actually, I'm testing out two pieces right now and they're doing well after a week.
If I see anything like this clam I saw in Bora Bora I'll be ALL over it[emoji39]

45d906171d369938697b616eb7ba63f5.jpg

If you see any dolphins, let me know! shifty.gif

Are you upgrading to an even larger tank Ty?
Yeah, I'm converting my 215 to a QT tank.

Clams are difficult to pick and price because the pigment, design, and size of the clam determine the price. You're lucky in a way, but try not to fall in love with something too cool or it could cost ya. I think they're one of those things that you need a mature tank to have so it'll be on my list for a while yet.

Archived