Scoly recovery

KimP

I got this scoly at least a couple years ago and it looked like this:

104960d9a2bc8cdfc83e5148edb59dae.jpg

Then just over a year ago something sudden happened in the tank and it looked like this and only got worse:

4c339971b5f1597f9c95f8785c965775.jpg

I kept trying to get around to throwing the skeleton away and now I'm so glad I didn't. After total neglect (or just leaving it completely alone) I noticed it was making a big recovery, and now looks like this:

bd5f6bcbb137bfb90389aa68513a03ea.jpg

I don't do anything special for it, but I do broadcast feed. I'm thinking of starting to spot feed it a bit now that it's recently started to show a feeding response. Yay!

Wow! You're like the scoly whisperer! Great job bringing that thing back from the dead! KimP's zombie scoly!

Thanks. :)

Migs is still the real scoly whisperer though! I'm excited to see if I can get this one back to at least it's original size. I do like the new coloring better, so that's a plus! Too bad scolys don't reproduce from skeletons like your plates.

• 1 month later...

Update

b8029742225473398052a93095d6b8dc.jpg

Not fair... I'm certain you're feeding the tank when you took this one. When I feed rods once a week or so, my lone scoly looks like it's going to invert itself to get every last morsel of food.

But seriously, I'm amazed it came back from that state. looked like a complete goner.

Update

b8029742225473398052a93095d6b8dc.jpg

Not fair... I'm certain you're feeding the tank when you took this one. When I feed rods once a week or so, my lone scoly looks like it's going to invert itself to get every last morsel of food.

But seriously, I'm amazed it came back from that state. looked like a complete goner.

Yes, during feeding is when I tend to stare at the tank and think to take pictures. I'm still totally amazed it came back from that too, I certainly didn't think it had a chance.

Archived